DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 7948 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Guess it might be a decent deal but a 6.1L would cost around $5k or more.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Dirt Donks!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Check your Lower ball joints....................that is all.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Nardz!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Moving things onto page 5!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Old news buddy!

An SE with column shift. Same **** happens to floor shift cars.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Peva, I'm kinda curious about the u shaped tray for the harness that goes across the tranny. My 03 didn't have it, although it is possible that it may have been removed......or discontinued. My brother's 02 parts car that had the 01 engine (possibly tranny too) had the tray. I haven't tried to look at my 02 to see if it has it.

·
Premium Member
16,515 Posts
Peva, I'm kinda curious about the u shaped tray for the harness that goes across the tranny. My 03 didn't have it, although it is possible that it may have been removed......or discontinued. My brother's 02 parts car that had the 01 engine (possibly tranny too) had the tray. I haven't tried to look at my 02 to see if it has it.
That's interesting. That could clear up the mystery of why your photo doesn't show it and Impaladude isn't finding it on his car.

I don't know if the presence/absence of the tray for different years has ever been discussed before.

I'm thinking and hoping that my last post may get him off the dime on figuring out what he needs to do.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
That tray/cable retainer was discontinued after 2001 and they shortened the negative cable.
Instead of running the negative cable all the way to the starter bolt, they cut it short and
bolted it to the first bolt through the bell housing. Right where the tray used to be bolted down.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Mornin'

That tray/cable retainer was discontinued after 2001 and they shortened the negative cable.
Instead of running the negative cable all the way to the starter bolt, they cut it short and
bolted it to the first bolt through the bell housing. Right where the tray used to be bolted down.
I'll take your word for it, makes me wonder if the spare trans that we pulled out of the parts car was the original one or a replacement. May have to look at the part number to find out which gearing it has.

·
Premium Member
16,515 Posts
That explains the tray issue.

In that thread I linked in the discussion, you said:
Yep, 1998 - 2001 there were two ground wires. In 2002 they dropped one.

One black one goes to one of the starter bolts and the other shorter black one
goes on the tranny-to-engine bolt on the passenger side.

The shorter one was deleted after 2001.
I'm thinking what you posted today is correct. Perhaps also it was a change made sometime during the '01 production year.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Red Hot Chili Peppers!

61 - 80 of 7948 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.