DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 4883 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Happy New Year! Time for a fresh whore.......thread, that is. Whore it up!
Oh Carp! Now I'm behind in TWO monster threads!

Snow / Winter Mix doom headed your way...

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Every big or decent size city has the two Interstate highway interchange, possibly having a high overfly ramp / exit.

We do and that is where my radiator blew on the way home last night during rush hour. Pulled over to the right side. Luckily traffic was bad and cars were going slow. VDOT road assist came by, I had already called the insurance company and a truck was dispatched. He left, said they see me on the cameras.

2 hours later, no tow truck, one stops, offers a tow for $50.00, I got home. Didn't bother calling the org tow company, asswipes.

Need to call the Insurance company and get my $$$ back.
This sure isn't the best time^h^h^h^h weather to be changing out a radiator. Well, except if you've just lost one...

Enjoy!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Radiator go Boom!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Every big or decent size city has the two Interstate highway interchange, possibly having a high overfly ramp / exit.

We do and that is where my radiator blew on the way home last night during rush hour. Pulled over to the right side. Luckily traffic was bad and cars were going slow. VDOT road assist came by, I had already called the insurance company and a truck was dispatched. He left, said they see me on the cameras.

2 hours later, no tow truck, one stops, offers a tow for $50.00, I got home. Didn't bother calling the org tow company, asswipes.

Need to call the Insurance company and get my $$$ back.
Yuck, that sucks. Original radiator?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
The "White Death" is supposed to be arriving here late tonight!

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
The Governor has declared a state of emergency here for tomorrow at 12:00 noon. If only I could be sure that no idiots would be on the roads, I'd be driving all over the place.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Now we're up to 6-10"...might have to test out the 4x4 in the Big Truck, have never turned it on.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
Yep - radiator did go boom. Crack in the plastic tank on passenger side (input from the motor). This is a replacement radiator that I changed out back in 2007. So now - radiator number 3 is in the car with 180K.

I took 1/2 a day off yesterday to fix it before the snow comes. We gonna get hit (at least for this area)

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Already fixed?!? Dang! He don't play!

Didn't you just post this?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
How's the white death going?

Had a light dusting up here last night. Now its just temps of 1 degree and windchills of -15.
Light dusting here too. Roads are completely clear with just maybe a 1/4" on the grass and cars.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Oh Boy! Got my new Quarterly Dosimeter Badge today along with a 2017 Calendar courtesy of the company.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
20 degrees currently. New heat pump is working well at a thermostat setting of 68 degrees.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Are you all electric Ron? Was there an old heat pump story I missed?

Nothing here yet. There was some weather action mostly south of here though.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
What a rip, we got 1/8 inch of ice and not even a 1/2 inch of snow. Weatherman is a lying sack of ****. Said Raleigh up to Norfolk was supposed to get the worst. My ass. :sneaky2:

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
These pics were from 2 hours ago. Last night it start as ice rain and not much snow, then it snowed. Still coming down. We are at roughly 5" right now.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
On the streets, it's solid ice under that snow.

Va Beach has 480,000 people and 34 snow trucks. Most of those "snow trucks" are regular trucks converted with front plows.

61 - 80 of 4883 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.