DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 4883 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Squirrel Nut Zippers!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Isn't that one of the more coveted 1st gen radios with a CD? Even has the Joystick from the super deluxe Infinity radios.

I believe these Ebay Sellers are modifying stock radios and putting a mini-RCA jack connected to the CD Changer input.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
How many speakers in "Old Red"? Does it even have a stock amp?

Wonder how one of the 1st gen Infinity Deluxe Radios would perform in the base cars? Are they even compatible with the wiring etc.?

If you have the stock radio it came with you might be able to add the jack for aux input. A few variables here.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Isn't that one of the more coveted 1st gen radios with a CD? Even has the Joystick from the super deluxe Infinity radios.

I believe these Ebay Sellers are modifying stock radios and putting a mini-RCA jack connected to the CD Changer input.
Yep. I'd like to get one for Old Red. The original is nearly the same, its just tape player only; it'd be nice to have the CD player and RCA input; although I'm sure I could add that to my original... Maybe? If I just had the aux jack I could do without the CD player. Never tried to add an aux jack, but if its possible it would be alot cheaper. I'd have to fix the achy-breaky volume knob too. IDK, its nice that that one is remanufactured as well.

Hmmmm.....:cuqui:

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
How many speakers in "Old Red"? Does it even have a stock amp?

Wonder how one of the 1st gen Infinity Deluxe Radios would perform in the base cars? Are they even compatible with the wiring etc.?

If you have the stock radio it came with you might be able to add the jack for aux input. A few variables here.
4 speakers, no amp. Stock radio works fine, just the volume knob is screwy. Probably needs to be cleaned.

Infinity would plug right in if it has the two flat plugs (used on all up to 2001 ish)....obviously an amp would have to be wired in somewhere.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Knobbers!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
From 22 degrees to 70 degrees in 3 days! Nice and warm today!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
4 speakers, no amp. Stock radio works fine, just the volume knob is screwy. Probably needs to be cleaned.

Infinity would plug right in if it has the two flat plugs (used on all up to 2001 ish)....obviously an amp would have to be wired in somewhere.
Probably like using a 1998-2001 Infinity radio in a car that doesn't have an amp. The speaker outputs at the back of the radio are either sent directly to the speakers or to the amp if there is one.

The stock radio in Old Red probably has a little higher wattage output than an Infinity unit because it has to drive the speakers from it's internal amp.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
If Old Red is gonna be a classic, get a radio from that age. However, many rebuilds use modern radios; USB, bluetooth, AUX inputs that have power.

Yep - warm cycle coming thru. Melting this 70mm of ice that's on all the side roads.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Dudes! What's up!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
It's Donk Dewd!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
I should've bought 500 shares of FCAU stock instead of only 25 shares. It's up $2/share to over $10 since I bought it over a month ago at just over $8/share. That's a 25% increase! Dammit!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Upgraded the lighting on the 300 to HIDs. Not a bad cutoff for halogen projectors. Still not perfect but I'm not going to put the money in for a true HID projector retrofit.

I also upgraded the driving lamps to PIAA H11 yellows.
You might find that the heat from the 55 watt bulbs will discolor nearby metal, at least they did in my intrepid's fog lights.

121 - 140 of 4883 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.