DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 4414 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
6" of White Death in Virginia? That must be close to a record?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yep-Yep - our area will get a good amount of snow (6+") which shuts this place down like the a Trump tweet.

The "Rain" they said that would come first is frozen rain. Took the dog around the block when it started and the street was "crunching" once I got home.

I'm working from home tomorrow - I'll post some snow pics. I wonder if the Disaster channel will have someone here again - 50+ MPH winds during the storm.
Nice. Wish we had that here. I'd likely be off work at least tomorrow lol.

Danbo must might have some White Death coming his way.... Maybe
They are talking up to 2" here. Depending on how the storm wobbles. If it wobbles west we get more, east, we get less.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got the Intrepid some what back together today. Buttoned up the timing housing water pump and valve cover gaskets. Upgraded the rear cam covers to the new style with the gasket instead of the o-ring---maybe those will quit leaking finally lol...

Going to replace the pipe Oring under the intake, and the injector Orings---maybe the coolant pipe too if its cheap.....

Motor and transmission mounts are worn slam out; debating whether to drop the money for them right now; these "while I'm here" parts are draining the bank fast lol...:baller:

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Go Dan Go!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
It's the Polar Vortex....run for it!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bombogenesis!

I swear the weather channel made that word up just to be able to sensationalize the next storm. News media has been using it alot on this one.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Scored an NOS B-van bumper! Woot!

Old Red's original rear bumper is discontinued all to hell, none anywhere, used are rusted out, bent, beat up; and as I was looking at it today; deciding what to do; found two weird part numbers stamped in it, that did not match the truck's build information.

Ran them, came back as fitting a B model van up to 2003. Called my "guy" and boom. Same bumper, research says only difference is "bumper towing reinforcement", which is a metal plate welded to the bottom. I've never ever used the bumper hitch, and was going to remove it; as I already have a class IV receiver hitch on it; so no sweat. As i've seen on other parts, they stamp all "base numbers" that the part is designed for; and change it on the line for whatever. So for a pickup needing heavier bumper towing, they add the plate. SCORE!

It was either that or the Intrepid's transmission mount; bumper was about the same cost shipped, so I guess that will wait till next month; Intrepid got a lot of love on this latest project after todays parts bill, lol.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
About an inch of snow outside.

Back to work tomorrow; will be interesting to see whats up on the roads; I've chosen to do the northern route; should be the area with the least snow; we'll see...lol...

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Supposed to be 55 here on Monday LOL. We havent been above freezing for more than a week now. Unheard of for this area. Usually when this happens its a day or two at most.

My electric bill is going to be nuts this month with this damn heat pump.

With this extreme cold, heat pump is basically using the grid heaters all the time to keep up; that electric meter starts wizzing around when those come on...lol...

11 tomorrow night, 9 Saturday morning; ****.....fireplace and garage have been drinking propane...:baller:

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Yep-Yep - our area will get a good amount of snow (6+") which shuts this place down like the a Trump tweet.

The "Rain" they said that would come first is frozen rain. Took the dog around the block when it started and the street was "crunching" once I got home.

I'm working from home tomorrow - I'll post some snow pics. I wonder if the Disaster channel will have someone here again - 50+ MPH winds during the storm.
6" of White Death in Virginia? That must be close to a record?
Not a record by a long shot. When I was a kid (middle of the previous century) we'd get up to a foot and a half occasionally in the central part of the state (65 miles W-S-W from Richmond). I remember we built all kinds of tunnels we could crawl thru and big forts for some snowball fights.

I live in the western part of the state now - no snow to speak of from this storm today or over the next few days. When I went to work this morning, we were getting a very light dusting of snow - nothing now, and like I said, none predicted. 20°F ATM, predicted low of 6°F Sunday, then a warm front comes thru Sunday afternoon to the low 30's, then warming to between 30 and 55 thru the week, with 49 the high Friday the 12th.

If you have any brass monkeys, you better bring them inside.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Got the Intrepid some what back together today. Buttoned up the timing housing water pump and valve cover gaskets. Upgraded the rear cam covers to the new style with the gasket instead of the o-ring---maybe those will quit leaking finally lol...

Going to replace the pipe Oring under the intake, and the injector Orings---maybe the coolant pipe too if its cheap.....

Motor and transmission mounts are worn slam out; debating whether to drop the money for them right now; these "while I'm here" parts are draining the bank fast lol...:baller:
I didn't know they made that rear timing cover o-ring/gasket change.

I only have the far superior 2.7 now, so good to go for a long time. :)

Supposed to be 55 here on Monday LOL. We havent been above freezing for more than a week now. Unheard of for this area. Usually when this happens its a day or two at most.

My electric bill is going to be nuts this month with this damn heat pump.

With this extreme cold, heat pump is basically using the grid heaters all the time to keep up; that electric meter starts wizzing around when those come on...lol...

11 tomorrow night, 9 Saturday morning; ****.....fireplace and garage have been drinking propane...:baller:
The house we bought last August has a heat pump and natural gas furnace. It's set up to run the heat off of the gas instead of electric strip heaters if I select "Emergency" heat on the thermostat (and I do). That's probably saving us a good bit this winter.

If you already have propane, it might be worth checking into doing a similar setup.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I didn't know they made that rear timing cover o-ring/gasket change.

I only have the far superior 2.7 now, so good to go for a long time. :)
Yep, uses this gasket;

....and this new style plate;

Same as a bunch of the other engines. I have installed them a time or two on other peoples' cars. No leak issues anymore that I know of with them.

peva said:
The house we bought last August has a heat pump and natural gas furnace. It's set up to run the heat off of the gas instead of electric strip heaters if I select "Emergency" heat on the thermostat (and I do). That's probably saving us a good bit this winter.

If you already have propane, it might be worth checking into doing a similar setup.
Yeah, either my next house, or my next hvac unit is going to have a gas backup; this heat pump stuff is for the birds...for as cold as it has been for so long, my dang electric bill will probably be $400; not to mention my heat pump can barely keep it at 65* in the house when its 25 or below outside...its a great air conditioner though.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
We had a SOLID 8" of snow, blizzard conditions, and lost power. Woke up at 4:00am with the dog barking, I heard many transformers blowing - the winds were howling!. Woke up at 7:00am - no power.

I got the gas cans filled the night before but didn't get the generator / extension cords ready. So get the deck cleared of snow for a spot for the generator, tromp thru the snowy back yard to da Garage. The generator is buried under semi-valuable crap - then tromp outside to clear the area for the garage door opening. SLOWLY drag this sucker across 8" of snow to the deck where I need it. Then the bug screen for the window was frozen in so wires can run inside, cut the screen. Too Dam cold.

Finally got two electrical cords ran inside, and got set up on the needed life's items (coffee pot). House had many extension cords running around, got cable and Net going. Heater too...

Beers were packed in the snow.

It was reported at Oceana Naval air station (4 miles from here) - the recorded winds were 61 MPH.

School and work closed tomorrow - have the option of working from home again.

Got power back about 30 minutes ago.

Haven't touched the cars or the mega snow drifts on them.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Stay safe Chris!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Heat Pumps Suck Donkey Ballz......that is all.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yep, uses this gasket;

Same as a bunch of the other engines. I have installed them a time or two on other peoples' cars. No leak issues anymore that I know of with them.

Yeah, either my next house, or my next hvac unit is going to have a gas backup; this heat pump stuff is for the birds...for as cold as it has been for so long, my dang electric bill will probably be $400; not to mention my heat pump can barely keep it at 65* in the house when its 25 or below outside...its a great air conditioner though.

Where do you get those gaskets and plates? They're starting to leak on both my 1G and 2G?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Yep, uses this gasket;

I think Bill was talking about the O-Rings behind the timing cover plate at the front of the engine Dan. The plate behind the timing belt and water pump etc.

But as always I could be wrong!

21 - 40 of 4414 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.