DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 4414 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Look at the tall snow on the arm of the chair by the snow shovel. ****'s deep.
Nice haha. Wish we had that here!

It will be mid 60's by Friday; all that will be gone; reason #11000290394 to live in the south!

I was talking to one of the DOT guys the other day, he said, one main reason they dont treat or plow side streets or country roads after a snowstorm, generally the **** melts in a day or two, if it doesnt, they hire local farmers to do it---it is very unusual for any snow/ice to last more than 2-3 days...always a warm snap soon after the snowstorm. Makes sense, it would be a big waste of salt/brine, and time; especially with the limited amount of snow/ice removal equipment we have lol.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Got the Trep all back together and to purring like a kitten again.

Still need to do the transmission flush. Had to dip out for awhile today so I didnt have time to do that.

Left it up on the jack stands so I have no excuse not to do it---trans flush is my least favorite job to do...lol...

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Where's the Snow Man/Woman on the front lawn? heh

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Another pot of Chili cooking on a Chilly day! heh

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Tossed some logs in the fireplace and lit them up. Living has gone from 66 degrees to 78 Rikitik!

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Surprise - all the schools - Courts - Gov't are closed in most cities around here are closed AGAIN tomorrow. The city streets are a total mess - VDOT has the expressway clean and moving. But the city of VB - ugh.

Everyone has a few intersections were there is a dual left turn lane onto another major road. Both roads are on the priority list for the city. After 4 days of snow, those dual left turn lanes only have one lane open and snow plied up in the other one. Traffic was real slow today and getting thru an intersection sucked!

Her'es from VBgov,com

"Streets/Roadways
The City does not treat or clean residential streets. If you need assistance shoveling snow from your home, driveway and/or residential area and do not have the resources to accomplish this yourself, we invite you to call for volunteer assistance.​

The Department of Public Works maintains the city's official snow removal plan​. This plan includes "maps" that identify roadways that will be cleared and treated.​"

They never state what month the "treated roadways" will be done. How about April....?....

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
I'll snap a pic in the morning from the car - the snow hasn't changed and neither the "treated roads"

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Surprise - all the schools - Courts - Gov't are closed in most cities around here are closed AGAIN tomorrow. The city streets are a total mess - VDOT has the expressway clean and moving. But the city of VB - ugh.

Everyone has a few intersections were there is a dual left turn lane onto another major road. Both roads are on the priority list for the city. After 4 days of snow, those dual left turn lanes only have one lane open and snow plied up in the other one. Traffic was real slow today and getting thru an intersection sucked!

Her'es from VBgov,com

"Streets/Roadways
The City does not treat or clean residential streets. If you need assistance shoveling snow from your home, driveway and/or residential area and do not have the resources to accomplish this yourself, we invite you to call for volunteer assistance.​

The Department of Public Works maintains the city's official snow removal plan​. This plan includes "maps" that identify roadways that will be cleared and treated.​"

They never state what month the "treated roadways" will be done. How about April....?....
Schools up here are closed for the 3rd day in a row even though we haven't even seen a single snowflake! Only flakes around here are in the admin building!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Wassup Ed-Doba!

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
I smell an Old-Timer stinking up the Whore Thread.

He must be on the Gee-tar website or the Codro-Chock website.

HEHE!

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Gonna send the realtor a text about a house that got listed here in town. Was hoping for a place maybe 15 minutes closer to work, but this one fits most of what I'm looking for. 3 bed 2 bath 1,100 sq ft and a full unfinished basement. No big garage, but a single car built in garage. The wording has me curious what it has for heat. Said "central air, central heat electric". Has electric stove and water heater. Hope to hell it at least has a gas furnace or even a small gas furnace as a backup.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Go-B-Go!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
House details are mandatory! heh

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Searching for a New/Used MyGig Lockpick Pro for well under $299. So far a big fat Zero!

61 - 80 of 4414 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.