DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 4414 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Gotta say I'm kinda nervous and feel like I've sold myself into slavery. Was originally listed at $135,000 in November. A potential buyer backed out a week later. Price dropped by 3,000 on January 2nd. My offer at $130,000 was accepted. That should put me at $800 ish per month (insurance and property taxes included) for the next 30 years if I don't get it paid off early. For 945 square feet, it seems a little larger than it really is. 2 car garage is 21' 5" deep. Enough room for a workbench along the back wall. It's listed as 4 bed 2 bath. Reality is that it was a 2 bed 2 bath with a downstairs family room/den and an office.

Built in 1976. Kitchen was renovated in 2006 after a fire according to the detail report packet. Would have never known walking through there. Also said that Anchored Walls repaired the foundation in 2001. Didn't see any obvious repairs, but it is also a finished basement. I guess we'll see if the building inspector sees anything significant. A last minute comment that hadn't been written down was that the dishwasher "sometimes" trips the breaker. Doubtful that a breaker is getting weak. Odds are the dishwasher may have an issue or there is too many things running constantly on the same breaker (maybe the fridge or microwave?).

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/219-E-View-Dr-Osceola-IA-50213/86917979_zpid/

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Looks nice Brandon! Looks alot bigger than 945 sq....Cool back deck, and woodburner;

I smell an Iowa meet.......

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
What the hell UPS? Waiting on a package, delayed by 3 days now; all they can tell me is "out for delivery" I dont think its coming yet again today being its 830pm. Originally was supposed to be here Monday. There are NO hazardous weather conditions either, snow melted days ago. Dont like the idea of my **** getting beat up by UPS for 3 extra days. :hurr:

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
Raleigh, NC, United States 01/10/2018 9:04 A.M. Out For Delivery Today
01/10/2018 6:08 A.M. Destination Scan

Raleigh, NC, United States 01/09/2018 7:25 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
01/09/2018 9:01 A.M. Out For Delivery Today
01/09/2018 6:23 A.M. Destination Scan

Greensboro, NC, United States 01/05/2018 9:56 P.M. Arrival Scan

South Charleston, WV, 01/05/2018 5:49 P.M. Departure Scan
01/05/2018 3:36 P.M. Arrival Scan

Addison, IL, United States 01/05/2018 4:05 A.M. Departure Scan
01/05/2018 12:48 A.M. Arrival Scan

Green Bay, WI, United States 01/04/2018 8:45 P.M. Departure Scan
01/04/2018 8:17 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 01/04/2018 12:56 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Ditto on the Deck and Wood Burning Stove! What's a "Hollywood" bathroom? That one with a dual sink vanity?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Is that an instant hot water heater in the one pic? If so, that is a big plus, lots of extra work to install those on older houses due to electrical requirements; big upgrade, very efficient...

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Congratulations Brandon! Looks to be in good shape.
I don't think the home inspection will show anything significant. I did think that the floor felt slightly off in one area as I walked through the basement hallway. I'm thinking I'll call up anchored walls to find out details or I'll ask my realtor to try and find out details as to what was done to repair the foundation and also the nature of the kitchen fire in 06.

Ditto on the Deck and Wood Burning Stove! What's a "Hollywood" bathroom? That one with a dual sink vanity?
The upstairs bathroom had a dual sink vanity, also had a hallway entrance as well as an entrance from the master bedroom.

Is that an instant hot water heater in the one pic? If so, that is a big plus, lots of extra work to install those on older houses due to electrical requirements; big upgrade, very efficient...
Yup. And no more than I'd need hot water, I think its probably by far the best option for me. It didn't have a water softener to remove the heavier particles so scale buildup will occur at a faster rate, but I'd only be using hot water for a shower once or on rare occasion twice a day, cooking, and dishes.

First post to the whore thread!!!

Congrats on the house Brandon! I just bought my house last year..I myself have found the slavery of homeownership kinda nice. Minus my one room in the basement flooding out.
Not going to say thanks on all the congratulations until I close on it. Still kinda freaks me out a bit since I'm single right now so only one income, and who knows what the next 30 years will bring. Without figuring in cable or internet service and basing my bill estimates on the high side, I think it will leave 800-1,000 per month to spend as I please if I don't pay extra on the mortgage (most likely will pay off as much as possible while trying to save some back).

·
Premium Member
16,515 Posts
...unless it's natural gas.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Natural Gas.......Braaaappppppp!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
brandon,,,,wondering if you looked into a 15 year mortgage and what the difference in monthly payments might be?

Either way...owning beats renting any day. Just my opinion.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Got an early AM call at the airport this morning. Went out to the Special with fob in hand and pressed the unlock button...nothing. No "thunk" from the door lock actuators unlocking! Unlocked the drivers door with the key...no lights. ****. Just drove the car yesterday with no problems.

Took the Durango to the airport.

Charging up the jump pack now and will see what the story is.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
brandon,,,,wondering if you looked into a 15 year mortgage and what the difference in monthly payments might be?

Either way...owning beats renting any day. Just my opinion.
Payments for a 15 year mortgage would be about 200 bucks more per month and interest rate could have been closer to 3.8%. Instead I'm at 4% on a 30 year loan and I can still pay more than the minimum.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
...unless it's natural gas.
Didnt know they made them to run on natty gas.

Looked into it here, no natural gas; so I would have had to upgrade the electrical panel to get the 2 or 3 extra slots for the breakers.

·
Premium Member
16,515 Posts
Didnt know they made them to run on natty gas.

Looked into it here, no natural gas; so I would have had to upgrade the electrical panel to get the 2 or 3 extra slots for the breakers.
I guess you could install a big propane tank in the yard if you wanted to go gas (cost ??).

The house we bought last August has natural gas central tankless hot water. Like it so far. Just don't want no 'splosions. That combined with the nat. gas furnace which supplies heat in place of strip heaters on the heat pump when temps. drop is probably saving us a bit of money.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
"Mysterious" dead battery issue in the Special solved! When I jumped the car with my trusty Harbor Freight jump pack I saw the Interior lights were on with the doors closed. I adjusted the dash lighting with headlight dimmer switch when I was driving around the day before with lights on in the rain. Dimmer wheel wasn't at the detente position but the car thought it was. Didn't notice when i locked the car and it killed the battery overnight.

Today was the first day I jumped the battery. About 37 degrees outside. 1st short trip to the Doctor was only about 4 miles. Wasn't enough to charge the battery enough and i was worried i blew out the alternator as the Battery, Trac Off, ABS and Brake warning lights were on all the way there. Came out of the Doctors office and jumped it again and headed to the airport about an 18 mile trip. No warning lights this time.

Got done at the airport after about an hour. Car started right up and headed home. Guess that overpriced Carquest battery I had to buy around 7-8 years ago was worth it. I'll check it again tomorrow morning after another below freezing night and see if it held the charge.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Is it just me or has something changed on the site today? When I select any forum thread, I get a text like display. Signature pictures are there as normal but everything else displayed looks stuck in the 70s!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Luckily the Special is back in action! Yesterday when I had to take the Durango to work in the rain with one working headlight...it sucked big time! Replace headlight bulbs with the LED types I bought earlier is at the top of the list of projects if it gets above freezing in the next few days!

81 - 100 of 4414 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.