DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2161 - 2180 of 3441 Posts

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
Hi all,, busy here, trying to buy a new/used garden tractor, looking at a Cub Cadet, getting tired of being a midwife to my old Murray, I guess 36 years is a good life,,

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Did you see Dan's Super Gnarly Riding mower he bought recently? It's pretty Spiffy. Not sure on the price.

Are you looking for another one of the standard riding mowers or something more deluxe like a Zero-Turn etc?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Think I'll save the Splash Guard and Fog Light Install on Durango III for the Danbo SummerFest 2019 meet. Give me something to do while there and feel "Productive"! I've got new Fog Light Housings and new LED Fog Light Bulbs ready to go.

·
Premium Member
16,698 Posts
She'll live Bill - and still look good!
He shall now be known as BLB. Brake Line Bill !
Or he could be known as BBLB (Busted Brake Line Bill) until he gets the brake lines replaced then go to BLB!
RBLB - Rear Brake Line Bill

I hope the rest of the brake lines don’t start giving surprises. I hope between the mechanic and myself, we can do an accurate assessment of their condition, piecemeal them as necessary - I would think with the rear ones out of the way, the worst of $ and effort will be out of the way. If I get another 5 years out of it, I’ll probably be happy. My commuting should be over next year (actually I’m working from home around 50% of the time). I was telling Dan in a PM that besides the brake lines being the potential Achilles heal for these cars, the next thing is the difficulty of keeping interior plastic (door pull cups and door panels) in decent condition.

We joke about the 2.7, but I must say the sample I got seems to be bullet proof. It really continues to run like brand new. (Probably jinxed it pretty good by saying that.) Did the t-chain (LX gen), wp (improved design), oil pump (to get the increased capacity), and valve stem seals all at 207k miles - and that’s all it needed (oh and the coolant outlet housing with improved OEM design). Always thought it was funny that the miles was 207 - looks like ‘2.7’ if the ‘0’ were a dot. Didn’t plan it that way - realized it after I did the work. The mind is a terrible thing. :)

I see heavy corrosion pitting on the coolant pipe that connects the reservoir and the t-stat housing, but only at the bend at the very bottom where I guess rain water lingers until it dries. I may pre-emptively cut the last few inches of it off and bridge the gap between it and the t-stat housing with a longer piece of silicone heater hose.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
terrible summer here. lucky to break room temp or higher and see sun.
crops are crap, everything around here.
hope to seee some summer before winter sets in again.
Move to Iowa. Pretty much guaranteed all 4 seasons.

·
Dain bramaged
7,203 Posts
Interesting. It looks like it has a Male Mini-RCA plug? What are you plugging it into? Normally you have a Mini-RCA jack. Not that you can't buy adapter cables.

My RER MyGig NAV in the 2008 Durango has uConnect for phone calls but you can't stream music to it via Bluetooth. The RER has an Aux Input jack so I just bought a tiny Bluetooth receiver for $10 that I plug into the Aux jack. It's powered by USB so I have the Bluetooth Receiver down by the power outlet with cable running up to the RER with a 90 degree connector on it so it doesn't stick out from the dash far.

The RHR MyGig NAV in the 2013 Durango has all of the features of the RHR plus Bluetooth streaming builtin.
Yes it does, right now I've got it plugged into a Amazon Echo Auto. I do have one of those bluetooth usb adapters as well.

·
Registered
14,937 Posts
In the Land of true Bourbon. KY.

Next time I'm out here - I need to set an extra day to do some Bourbon tours.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Likka It Up!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,173
Hi all,, busy here, trying to buy a new/used garden tractor, looking at a Cub Cadet, getting tired of being a midwife to my old Murray, I guess 36 years is a good life,,
I'd sell you the Wheel Horse if you wanted it.

The deck needs a bit of work----the bearings are good but it mows unevenly, not sure why; havent looked into it. Otherwise it runs great.

I wanted to try and find another deck for it but there arent many Wheel Horses here in NC.

A guy at work is interested in it but he hasnt ponied up the cash yet....

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
What a deal. Attend the meet...trade some cash and go home with a Wheel Horse in the bed of your Ram!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,043 Posts
Going to pull the K&N CAI out of the Ricer and put the stock Air Box in before scrapping. Any interest? Cheap! Good for the 2nd gen 3.2/3.5L. Filter could use a good cleaning/oiling which I can do before the meet.

·
Registered
14,937 Posts
Greetings from Paducah, KY. Went down to the old downtown (1880' era) for dinner. Went site seeing and ran across an old steam locomotive and the many river tugs on the Ohio & Tennessee river. Many of these inland river boats have our products on them.

Down here for engineering / customer service support.

Dan and Bill might enjoy a few of these.

Late!

2161 - 2180 of 3441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.