DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2861 - 2880 of 3441 Posts

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
Here's the thing - The previous crowd (Willie & Keith's generation) set the living standards for the newer generation. Remember the cleaner MEK? Hey - let's bury the locomotive battery in the field somewhere, let's us leaded gas, plastic forks, disposable diapers, the list goes on.

If the roaring 1920's could see the the environment today and it's challenges - as a planet - we would be much better off.

I'm curious what my Great grandchildren might be up against.

But let me drink that bottle water tonight and throw the container away or try to recycle it.

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
Off to another service call tomorrow. It is a local one. Should be home be 3:00ish for the next 3 days.

FTW!!!!!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,295 Posts
Just call me Ronbo the Ryzenator!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,295 Posts
Getting all the Data from my old Windows Home Server onto the "new" Windows server 2019 Essentials PC. No easy way to do this and time consuming because of the differences in OS. Need to get Sharing and Permissions right also. Remote Desktop and Remote Access are already setup.

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
A nice raining day in the local shipyard. Did about 2.5 hours worth of work in 8.5 hours.

They wanted me to come in early tomorrow. NOT!

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
Spent 5.5 hours waiting for the ABS inspector. The call was for 8:30am. Needless to say - not much got done on this job today.

Tomorrow - cracking the whip - will be out of there early Friday morning.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Off for a long weekend. Playing on the pool team thursday night, working cattle again saturday (vets coming out to preg check).

Ended up having to take an intern to the hospital tonight to have a chunk of crap dug out of their eye. Found out our list of places to go to for medical help isn't up to date. The first urgent care place had a sign saying for lease.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I think I've found the reason for the pre-ignition on my 4 wheeler. Seems the older kawasaki's have an issue with the voltage regulators burning out and charging at 17+ volts which leads to the timing being too far advanced. $18 replacement ordered.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,295 Posts
Will 4 wheel for beer!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,295 Posts
Anyone ever heard of this brand of antifreeze?...

https://www.fvpparts.com/products/fluids-chemicals/fluids/antifreeze-coolant/multi-vehicle-antifreeze

The parts place around here has it $11.00 per gallon (full strength), and it is supposed to work (mix) with all types of antifreeze. I'm a bit nervous about buying a gallon of it just yet.

Any thoughts?

Target carries it too for what it's worth.
My response was directed to a 2nd gen owner specifically. looks like you have a 1st gen and did some research. All the 1st gen manuals I have show any Ethylene-Glycol mix coolant as acceptable. Whatever you use, I'd recommend a complete flush of the old coolant and adding new coolant with distilled water if it's concentrated. If it's premix obviously no distilled water needed.

2nd gens are aluminum block and heads whereas 1st gens are iron block and aluminum heads.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,295 Posts
Lazy Friday for a change! Off to XNA Airport Monday. PM work and Beer money to be had!

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
Yeah - I got done with this service call. It was less than 10 miles from home and I was home today by lunch.

We have out LAST softball tournament tomorrow. First game at 8:00am and it will be cold. Then the true weekend begins!.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My response was directed to a 2nd gen owner specifically. looks like you have a 1st gen and did some research. All the 1st gen manuals I have show any Ethylene-Glycol mix coolant as acceptable. Whatever you use, I'd recommend a complete flush of the old coolant and adding new coolant with distilled water if it's concentrated. If it's premix obviously no distilled water needed.

2nd gens are aluminum block and heads whereas 1st gens are iron block and aluminum heads.
We have soft water in these parts, but I guess distilled is better?

I'll have to try a gallon of it. A respectable parts place sells it (FVP Antifreeze), so I assume it must be decent stuff.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,295 Posts
We have soft water in these parts, but I guess distilled is better?

I'll have to try a gallon of it. A respectable parts place sells it (FVP Antifreeze), so I assume it must be decent stuff.
Distilled water. You can get it at the grocery store cheap! Soft water still has crap in it.

2861 - 2880 of 3441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.