2981 - 3000 of 3441 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
Yikes! $5k!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
Getting ready to install the recently arrived SiriusXM Onyx EZR receiver in the Special. I'm going to try it on FM with the builtin transmitter. If that sucks I'll install the Aux Input adapter I bought for the RB1. I'll lose the 6 disc CD changer with that option though.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,985
Fuggin aftermarket crap.

Got my LED headlights in; but the cooling unit on the back of them is too big. It hits the car body when trying to install---so the headlight cannot be installed completely, and I cannot get the bolts in.

Emailed the company for return or to see if they have one that fits.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....:hulk:

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,986
In the mean time, putting the car out of service, something going on with the front end. Noticed some weird tire wear on the right front.

I might R&R the rack and pinion today----currently this frustration with the headlights is not helping my motivation.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
What's the depth of the cooler? How much more room do you need to get it to work? 1/4"?

I wonder what the difference in space is with stock headlights or OEM non-projector Spyders?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,988
Yeah, If I had a 1/4" plus more, it would be fine.

These spyders take the H1 bulb instead of the original 9005 so that might be a problem too.

The 9005 LEDs might not be as tall, IDK.

Ugh.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,989
I'll just return these LEDs and go back to HIDs if I have to do a bunch of bullshit to make them fit.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
I should have an H1 kit never used from the 300m spyder headlights we got ripped off in that group buy years ago. $20+shipping!! Ballasts & Bulbs.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
What type of connections are between the ballasts/bulbs? I probably have some slim ballasts that are better than those giant old ballast boxes that would work.

·
Registered
14,934 Posts
Took one of the kids down to the beach area today - saw 3 Dodge Vipers trailing one another on the expressway heading to the beach. Pretty cool sight.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
My APC 1500VA UPS battery **** the bed earlier this week. Probably 4-5 years old. Showed disconnect and any power fluctuations would kill the outputs to all my Server hardware. Ordered up a new OEM APC battery pack from Amazon for $44. Slides right in and doesn't require disassembly like the aftermarket individual batteries require that are only $10 cheaper. Plus get that APC warranty on the new battery pack. All is good in Ronbo's Server World again!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,995
Got the rack & pinion out. Wasnt that bad with the roll pin remover tool.

Found the power steering lines leaking. Had an NOS set I got for free a while back, they are all rusted up, cant use them....cock sucker! LOL.

The aftermarket power steering lines I installed a few years ago are leaking. Double cock-sucker!

Master cylinder is leaking brake fluid into the booster too. :baller:

Got to order all that **** up.

I can at least set the new rack in there and install the damn roll pin until I get the new PS lines.

Need to check the right front. Inner/outer tie rods were tight.

Might be a ball joint worn out causing the wear on the tire.

Poor old Trep is going all to pieces!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
Is the right side the one that trashed your LX R/T wheel?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,030 Posts
All the upcoming T-Giving grocery items have been ordered and set up for pickup tomorrow. w00t! Half-Ham, Veggies, Taters, etc.

·
Premium Member
16,688 Posts
Got the rack & pinion out. Wasnt that bad with the roll pin remover tool.

Found the power steering lines leaking. Had an NOS set I got for free a while back, they are all rusted up, cant use them....cock sucker! LOL.

The aftermarket power steering lines I installed a few years ago are leaking. Double cock-sucker!

Master cylinder is leaking brake fluid into the booster too. :baller:

Got to order all that **** up.

I can at least set the new rack in there and install the damn roll pin until I get the new PS lines.

Need to check the right front. Inner/outer tie rods were tight.

Might be a ball joint worn out causing the wear on the tire.

Poor old Trep is going all to pieces!
Reminds me of the old man that showed me an axe he had - told me it was the best axe he’s ever owned. Replaced the handle twice and the head once, but it’s still the best one he’s ever had.

·
Premium Member
16,688 Posts
Getting ready to install the recently arrived SiriusXM Onyx EZR receiver in the Special. I'm going to try it on FM with the builtin transmitter. If that sucks I'll install the Aux Input adapter I bought for the RB1. I'll lose the 6 disc CD changer with that option though.
The FM can be a PITA, especially in areas with a lot of radio congestion. When we go to Winston-Salem in my wife’s car to visit my daughter and her family, it’s unusable because there’s interference on every frequency you can set the satellite radio to. Even as far out as an hour from Winston, you get interference on all frequencies, and that’s all pretty rural area - you go right by Mount Airy (the town that Mayberry was modeled after) to give you some idea of how far out in the boonies that is.

Her car has Bluetooth, and I used to have an audio-to-Bluetooth transmitter in that car that I got from Amazon (under $20) which worked well, but requires you to press a power button to turn the Bluetooth transmitter on every time you start the car. That bugged me so I took it out and we now use the FM connection, which I hate (because of the interference issues in many places). I plan to make a timer circuit that electrically momentarily closes the power button on the Bluetooth transmitter at startup - but that project will have to wait until I retire next year.

The FM is worth a try though - you may find one frequency that works for 90% or more of the areas you routinely drive thru. Just don’t get distracted and have a wreck selecting other frequencies if you have interference. :)

In one of my Concordes, I had an adapter I got off of eBay years ago that worked flawlessly. Strangely, I forget how it hooked in. I can’t remember if I stayed with that or wired in thru the CD player interface. On the other Concorde, I had one of those adapters you plug into the cassette slot in the radio - that was also flawless if you didn’t mind having a small wire dangling out of the front of the radio - and if you have one of the factory radios with cassette player.

2981 - 3000 of 3441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.