DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 3441 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
So it's a Reliable Driver for $2k? Can't beat that. The Drivetrain is the most important component. If that's solid then the rest is minor.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Chris needs at least one HP ProOne All In One Desktop for his Man Cave! Full HD 1920x1080 display, 2TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Win 10 Pro and more! Intel I5 Quad Core. WiFi and Bluetooth. Working on the Office version.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Y'all still kicking around here I see! The 300m I had way back when was traded on a fusion and then went to a S4 now sitting with a Taurus SHO. Heavy suckers, but still in the sedan family. 3.5L V6 can't seem to get away from it I guess!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just got back from getting Old Red a wheel alignment.

Drives straight as an arrow now!

Lined it up with a tape measure to get it going; I was almost perfect on toe in, quite a bit off on camber LOL.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good got almighty Vatozone is proud of wiper blades!

Didnt feel like driving all the way to Raleigh for $3.50 wiper blades at work; cheapest blade at Vatozone, $10.99...wtf!!!

They had $40 wipers!!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Time to powder coat Old Red's engine cover!

Took me about 2 hours to prep it for the red lettering yesterday.

Thats first; then the grey lettering.

Then finish with the black powder.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Good got almighty Vatozone is proud of wiper blades!

Didnt feel like driving all the way to Raleigh for $3.50 wiper blades at work; cheapest blade at Vatozone, $10.99...wtf!!!

They had $40 wipers!!
Yeah - wiper blades have gotten to be quite a racket.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah - wiper blades have gotten to be quite a racket.
All this fancy packaging and marketing bull crap on them.

5 years so far on my $3.50 wiper blades on the intrepid. Damn things clear the windshield just fine. LOL.

The kid at the counter at Vatozone looked like he wasnt old enough to remember when wiper blades were reasonably priced.

I told him these must be made of gold and good got almighty and all that and he just looked at me funny.

They are making a fortune. Probably costs ~$1 or less to make a wiper blade. LOL.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Super Wipers!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Especially when RockAuto has a closeout! Got the rear window wiper for Durango on closeout for 99 cents each! I bought 5 of them!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
^That's what i do! Lol.

Right now discussing with Corsair how they plan to reimburse me for a failing mouse. Left mouse button is acting wonky. Remapped the button so I can continue use.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Probably would have cost me $10 to drive to Raleigh and back for the cheap ones, plus the extra hour it would take, and stopping by work while on vacation lol; but last time I buy wiper blades from Vatozone.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Get outta the Zone!

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Yeah I'm not big on shopping at automotive part chains for wiper blades. Just usually wait a week and get them on RockAuto
Also compare to Amazon. I bought a Trico wiper listed on Advance for $12, same wiper $8 on Amazon, and free shipping, no sales tax (so far).

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I always get charged sales tax. PA is becoming to be rather humbug ish with that kinda stuff. I've tried using amazon for car parts but generally speaking I'm not getting them at a low price.

THOUGH. I did get these...

or moreso my sister did. Excited to break them in.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Whaddya know.

Incorrect adapter for my truck in the wiper package. They dont fit.

Going right back to the store with them!

Grrrrrrrrrrr! :bomb:

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Whaddya know.

Incorrect adapter for my truck in the wiper package. They dont fit.

Going right back to the store with them!

Grrrrrrrrrrr! :bomb:
That's crazy!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Also compare to Amazon. I bought a Trico wiper listed on Advance for $12, same wiper $8 on Amazon, and free shipping, no sales tax (so far).
You have to be careful on Amazon. A number of states are getting their cut of Sales Tax now. If you shop around on Amazon you can many times find a seller that doesn't end up dinging for tax. It's tougher to find because you don't see the tax until you get to checkout.

21 - 40 of 3441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.