DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 3441 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just ordered 8 of the stock style wiper blades (only fit the pin style arms, no stupid adapters) from Rock Auto. $1.26 each + $9 shipping.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
[rant]

Maybe I just expect a higher standard than these ****ing crap aftermarket parts manufacturers and the crap these stores sell.

I want the damn **** to fit right especially a $11 wiper blade (and that was the cheapest one).

Not half ass fit.

Not "fit if you drill holes here"......"then bend this and jam that in"

Not "fails in 6 months".....

Fit. Right.

Dammit!!! :hulk:

I know better.

If I ever walk into another parts place other than Napa or the damn Dodge dealer I want you to break a whisky bottle over my head next time you see me. :doh:

Rock Auto is OK too. I havent had any trouble there.

[/rant]

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Shopping at the "Rock"!

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Wipers are a year toss away item. I buy them at Ollies buyout store. About $5 each - last a year. No sweat or bitching.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
While I'm cussing aftermarket parts; drivers side front shock is leaking on Old Red. Its actually leaving oil spots on the garage floor.

It has maybe 50 miles on it. :hulk:

I think I got it from Rock Auto.

Gabriel. Lifetime warranty. But dammit again!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I remember years ago, bitching the hell out of a guy at Vatozone. 15ish years ago.

The original alternator had went bad on Old Red. Dodge dealer had to order.

New alternator from Vatozone. 3 alternators later, not fixed. All 3 were bad. Local NAPA didnt have it, 45 mins away at another store. I had to go.

I had a weekend car haul to Davenport, IA, that I was hours late for. Worth over $1500. Luckily it was before I had left for the trip.

They tried to tell me my truck was ****ed up. He refused to test my junk Duralast alternator after the 2nd one. Said my truck was burning them out. I had tested wiring and everything, after the 2nd alternator, thats what I thought (how could 3 be bad). All was good.

I was calm and reasonable until the 3rd alternator, and the guy refusing to give me my money back. He had no more in stock, and could not get one for 2 days. Said my truck was ****ed up and it was not their alternator so no money back.

Called Vatozone corporate. I was about to lose $1500 plus. The assbag manager threatened to call the cops on me if I didnt leave. I said ****in call em. Bring it asshole. They will arrest you for selling this god damn junk! (I remember that vividly.) LMAO

Vatozone corporate said give money back and be done with it. (duh)

I had to walk out of the store to cool off after that then the monumental prick came out and said here is your money back. After I had my money I said **** you very much.

Went to NAPA 45 mins away. Bought alternator. Installed. Charging 14 volts. Screwed around with Vatozone for 6 hours before that.

That guy was a total prick. I am sure I ruined his day at work. Dont feel bad one bit.

Finally got on my car haul, 8 hours late; made my $1500 and returned at 4 am Monday morning before going to work at my shop at 9am....LOL...

That NAPA alternator got replaced in 2015 during Old Red's restoration. Had some bearing noise...but was still charging at normal voltage; replaced with Mopar alternator.

Forgot how I vowed never to return to Vatozone after that. LOL.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Then there was the other guy (at the same store); that told me that GM never made a Cutlass Ciera with a 4.3L diesel.

I had driven one there. (one of those cars I still wish I had)

Needed a serpentine belt.

He proceeded to tell me that I must have installed that engine out of something else and there was no way they put those in a Cutlass Ciera.

Then his manager calmly came up and clicked on 4.3L diesel in the computer and I had my serpentine belt. LMAO.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Then there was the whole crew at the main hub store, here in Raleigh; that couldnt find bulk brake line.

I was replacing all the brake lines on an old Jeep for a customer, and it took 6 people before they knew what bulk brake line was; then, they lead me in the back, said pick what you need....LOL

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Oh yeah, another story from there; I needed the surge tank coolant vent line for my Intrepid; 3/8 hose size;

His response "they dont put any 3/8 size coolant line on any vehicle"...

He looked disgusted when I opened my hood and showed him; "dealer or junkyard" (I should have taken the dealer option)

Another guy finally showed him where it was, the crap coolant line that they had in stock failed after a year; I remember specifically reading the roll of it, said "resistant to oil and coolant up to 300 degrees", thought well, who could **** up a hose, must be ok; well a year later the interior lining of the hose came apart and spewed black powder thru my cooling system; that was fun; called Dodge dealer and ordered up the proper hoses....all good, that was 4 years ago or so....no more black coolant lol....

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
NAPA has always been great. Parts are always good quality and perfect fits.

Oreillys has always been good too. Never really an issue with their stuff. Staff seem to know what the hell they are doing. Got to watch some of the parts.

You'd think buying a stupid thing like wiper blades or an alternator would be no problem at the "other" stores. But it is.

I've bought piddly **** from Vatozone and Advance over the years because of convenience.

Screwed up a set of wiper blades today. Yeah, I know its for a weird 1993 truck. But its just a pin style wiper blade. Hardly unusual.

All parties herein, to whom/as or have viewed and/or participated in the activities in this aforementioned whore thread, all who read this will witnesseth the following; I hereby vow to never again step foot in a Vatozone; with the following predjudice: Henceforth the aforementioned incorrect wiper blades shall be returned for credit; so shall Vatozone issue full credit; in good faith; which in good manner requires me to once more set foot in the aforementioned store; after that point I shall never again set foot in any Vatozone store for purchase in person or online; so; **** you Vatozone...lol...

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
I remember years ago, bitching the hell out of a guy at Vatozone. 15ish years ago.

The original alternator had went bad on Old Red. Dodge dealer had to order.

New alternator from Vatozone. 3 alternators later, not fixed. All 3 were bad. Local NAPA didnt have it, 45 mins away at another store. I had to go.

I had a weekend car haul to Davenport, IA, that I was hours late for. Worth over $1500. Luckily it was before I had left for the trip.

They tried to tell me my truck was ****ed up. He refused to test my junk Duralast alternator after the 2nd one. Said my truck was burning them out. I had tested wiring and everything, after the 2nd alternator, thats what I thought (how could 3 be bad). All was good.

I was calm and reasonable until the 3rd alternator, and the guy refusing to give me my money back. He had no more in stock, and could not get one for 2 days. Said my truck was ****ed up and it was not their alternator so no money back.

Called Vatozone corporate. I was about to lose $1500 plus. The assbag manager threatened to call the cops on me if I didnt leave. I said ****in call em. Bring it asshole. They will arrest you for selling this god damn junk! (I remember that vividly.) LMAO

Vatozone corporate said give money back and be done with it. (duh)

I had to walk out of the store to cool off after that then the monumental prick came out and said here is your money back. After I had my money I said **** you very much.

Went to NAPA 45 mins away. Bought alternator. Installed. Charging 14 volts. Screwed around with Vatozone for 6 hours before that.

That guy was a total prick. I am sure I ruined his day at work. Dont feel bad one bit.

Finally got on my car haul, 8 hours late; made my $1500 and returned at 4 am Monday morning before going to work at my shop at 9am....LOL...

That NAPA alternator got replaced in 2015 during Old Red's restoration. Had some bearing noise...but was still charging at normal voltage; replaced with Mopar alternator.

Forgot how I vowed never to return to Vatozone after that. LOL.
I think around 15-20 years ago Advance and Autozone were sourcing their alternators from the same crap sources. I had a similar experience on an alt. for my mom’s ‘88 DeVille - went thru 3 in a couple of months from Advance. The third one mechanically locker up solid - really weird - when I opened the hood, the serpentine belt had emitted hot rubber dust particles that fell into a little pile on a metal ledge right under the pulley. The pile of rubber dust was glowing orange and starting to flame up like kindling. Strangest thing I’ve ever seen.

I got my money back and went to NAPA.

I swore off Autozone when this happened several year ago - great American employee, stupid corporate management:

This one you’ll have to click the link that comes up to take you to YouTube:

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Duracrap!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You guys are making me worried about the "Duralast" water pump I installed a few years ago. :D
Yeah, I had to replace one of those, after it immediately leaked out the weep hole, brand new out of the box; in a 2.7. :goomba:

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Dan Loves VatoZone! NOT! LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,553 Posts
Dan the Aftermarket Parts Man!

41 - 60 of 3441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.