DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 3441 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Got the seat out of Old Red and tore it apart.

Fixable; just needs a corner of foam, a paint job on the frame, and new upholstery which I have already.

I was driving it the other day and thought how empty the bench seat is, no cupholders etc; Not uncomfortable, just plain jane; back when trucks were trucks lol.

Hmmm, should I stick to original, or put a set of 40/20/40 seats out of a 2010+ Ram, with power; center console, cupholders? Hmmmm......

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Got it all up on jacks waiting for the Gear Vendors unit to arrive.

Should be an easy install. Hardest part will be building the new driveshaft.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
Got the seat out of Old Red and tore it apart.

Fixable; just needs a corner of foam, a paint job on the frame, and new upholstery which I have already.

I was driving it the other day and thought how empty the bench seat is, no cupholders etc; Not uncomfortable, just plain jane; back when trucks were trucks lol.

Hmmm, should I stick to original, or put a set of 40/20/40 seats out of a 2010+ Ram, with power; center console, cupholders? Hmmmm......
This - if the wallet fits. Nothing like a great seat for a cool rebuild.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
This - if the wallet fits. Nothing like a great seat for a cool rebuild.
I'm leaning that way. Jumped in my 2014 after driving old red for a seat comparison. Damn, so comfortable. LOL.

I wonder if work would get upset if I stuffed the seats out of the 2013 Ram into Old Red for a mock up real quick.

It actually has the perfect 40/20/40 split bench I would need; with center console and cupholders LOL.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
They arent that pricey; unless you go full bore leather.

Cloth set with console around $500 used. Full boat leather heated and cooled $2500----used----dont need all that mess in a 93. Just power would be plenty lol.

I'd have probably 8 hours in the original seat repairing the foam, and recovering; blasting, painting frame etc.

Probably have 3 hours making the brackets to fit the 4th gen seats and installing them.

Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Idk Dan. I kind of like the bench seat with fold down arm rest I have in the chebby. The only "cupholders" it has is the glove box door with two 1/4" deep circles that are useless other than to keep a can from sliding if you're parked on a hill.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Idk Dan. I kind of like the bench seat with fold down arm rest I have in the chebby. The only "cupholders" it has is the glove box door with two 1/4" deep circles that are useless other than to keep a can from sliding if you're parked on a hill.
Its tough decision. I like the look of the original bench seat. It is very comfortable. The look fits the truck. The new upholstery I got for it is exact. Surprising because it is aftermarket. Simple, and easy. I hate to throw something modern in there and throw off the theme of the restoration; unless it fits and looks factory. I have ridden on that bench seat thousands of miles and never a complaint other than the lack of a cupholder.

I remember the chevy cup holders lol. Had those same ones in my 88 pickup. We used them for booze cruizin up in Michigan when we'd stop along a dirt road, light a fire, and drink some beer. LOL.

Trying to remember what I had for cupholders in Old Red. I know in my chevy I had one of those universal ones you throw in the center of the bench seat.

I seem to remember having one of those famous bullshit plastic ones you hung on your door panel. LOL. They worked!

Have to mull it over a bit. Damn those 2014+ seats sure are nice.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Trying to keep Old Red as original as possible with a few subtle modern amenities though.

Maybe I could build a nice cup holder setup or something.

Hmmmmmmm.....

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
They did offer factory bench seats with a center console and cupholders etc back then. But good ****ing luck finding that.

I had a parts cab with that setup in it; sold the whole thing a couple years ago. Kicking myself. Sold it to a guy up in Wake Forest. I wonder what he did with it. It was an auto shop that was probably the same in 1960. Old guy. The truck he wanted to use it on and fix up was literally buried in the ground; I bet he's done nothing with that cab to this day.

Of course those seats were shot and would need more restoration than Old Red's original bench seat. Much more.

I've had sex on that bench seat. I should keep it. LOL.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
For the love of BBQ - Been up for 30+ minutes getting the charcoal smoker going - the butt was pulled out of the frig about 3 hours ago. It's on and now the waiting game,,,,,,,,,,

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
BaDonking!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
w00t! Gonna head to the thread and check it out.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
8 months should be enough time to plan for this one Dan!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Too be sure.

Set it a little earlier this year because of the hurricane issues last year LOL!!!!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
I'll have some JW Blue coming.

81 - 100 of 3441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.