DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2261 - 2280 of 2394 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,761 Posts
Also had the roll caps. Some of the guns were metal and probably 30 years old at the time, some were plastic. Sometimes they'd wad up inside like a chewed up cassette tape.
Yep - the mechanisms were made cheaply. Who's a kid going to complain to!?

Could be. Is that where the expression "put a cap in your ass" came from"?

Or as they say today, "pop a cap in yo' ass" or "bust a cap in yo' ass".

My how times have changed!

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,693 Posts
Werd

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
OK - I had those cap guns and rolls and round rings - but I'm more interested in Land-O-Lands boobies.

Never seen that one before.

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
How many of y'all remember this....

I spent countless hours as a kid during summer beating the **** out of this toy.

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
Somewhat CoVid related...

This video is from 1995 -

Foo Fighters - "I'll stick around" - around the 3 minute mark - it rocks. Fred would like it.

·
Premium Member
16,761 Posts
How many of y'all remember this....

I spent countless hours as a kid during summer beating the **** out of this toy.

The real Evel Knievel: "Some RE-assembly required!!" 🧑🏼‍🦽:)

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
My grandfather had some of those repeating cap guns I use to play with as a kid, I'll have to check with my Aunt and see what happened to them.

The junkyard trip turned out good, Got a foglight switch for my jeep and got the woodgrain steering wheel for $14. beats the $120+ they are on ebay. Only as I was leaving the junkyard did I realize I had locked my keys in my truck. I had to call my brother for him to go to my house and pick up the spares. I had bought one of those cooling towels and surprisingly it worked very well. Kept me from overheating while out in the 90 degree weather which is saying alot. Now I just need to find a clockspring and airbag from a 99-01 WJ and I can install the wheel in my XJ. The local pick and pull stopped selling airbags.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,133 Posts
B-Man....what model Trager smoker do you have and what did it cost? Do you feel it was a good value? Would you go with a cheaper version after using the one you have now?

Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I moved nearly 17 years of old, rare 1g parts today to get my crawlspace re-vapor barriered.

Holding so many "sought" after items from back and the day made me wanna come in here say hey.

Eagle still runs, has Chewievettes 3.55 Stroker in it currently. She gets garaged all the time but barely driven. Put maybe 2K miles on her in a year. Wierd you get the feeling it's old, rickety and can't handle being flogged. But she still takes corners great, and makes ALOT of noise like shes a speed demon. Currently rolling over 258K miles.

However the Charger had alot of miles, alot of Tail of the Dragons trips, and little over 60 passes at my local 1/8 drag strip. So far best time of 8.807. Rolled over 146K miles making a pass. Even with the issues I had with it she been pretty fun. Hoping to make it to Dan's meet. Kinda still want to take the Eagle just because.

Here's hoping you guys are doing okay.

Peace!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,270
That steam train pic and your car is badder than f-u-c-k. [Devan drops mic and exits]

Good to see the ol' first gen out as well!

Good to see you here Devan!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,271
2020 Meet is cancelled.

Interest is low; mostly due to the covid crap; and after talking to several possible meet patrons, its time to make the call.

F-u-c-k 2020.

F-u-c-k covid and the crazy world events right now.

Shooting for a spring meet, 2021; we'll see how things are looking after the first of the year.

Maybe mid April ish, or even March ish. We'll see.

·
5,693 Posts
This sucks but understood. Stay well everyone.

·
5,693 Posts

·
5,693 Posts

·
5,693 Posts

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
My traeger is the 34" pro series. Spent $1,000 on it. Does a good job but has 30-40 degree temp swings based on the augers on time vs off time. I know a person who has one of the green mountain pellet smokers/grills that goes through a lot more pellets but his temp stays more consistent from what he's claimed. Pellets can be pricey depending on what you get. Some are 15 bucks for 40 pounds (pit boss or a few other brands) or 15 bucks for 20 pounds (traeger, lumberjack, etc). You'll want to do some research, a few of the cheap brands use filler material like alder rather than being straight oak, hickory, apple, or a mix of quality woods. I'd definitely find something in the 30" range as far as length. Any less and you might be cramped on space when doing ribs.

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
TBH I didnt even know a meet was planned.
I picked up an airbag, clock spring and steering wheel to nearly complete my Jeeps wood wheel conversion with yesterday. Little projects like this keep me from going nutty.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
That steam train pic and your car is badder than f-u-c-k. [Devan drops mic and exits]

Good to see the ol' first gen out as well!

Good to see you here Devan!
Then these oughta tickle your pickle as well..

And where as the setyp wasn't as good and crappy phone was used, I managed to get photo with the 4501 that runs on same track as the 630. I need to get photo when they are double heading which is amazing.

Sucks about the meet. This year has not been good for anyone.

·
Registered
14,994 Posts
Devan - those are NICE pictures.

Thank you for sharing.

2261 - 2280 of 2394 Posts