DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

381 - 400 of 475 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
They're at the age of time in service where after 2-3 years everything is crapping out on them!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Garlique for everyone!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine was the total, gas and electric cost combined, both from the same provider.
yeah, product is cheap, getting it to you here is expensive.
half your bill is just my power delivery.
thankls to the conservatives here.
used to be $28 to keep the meter alive, and whatever you use.
now i pay to deliver on lines we the people used to own at more than double the cost to get it to me.
that was making power cheaper for us somehow.
dropped the wholesale rate. 3 cents is cheap.

how much power and gas use was it?
my power was 726 kwh, and gas about 13.5 gj.
actual power/gas was $22, /$46.
rest is admin/delivery costs.
mine is through the same provider.
i buy gas/electric, and they charge me the delivery cost of both, which are 2 different delivery companies.
it was much better when it was owned by us.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Bowled a 163, 149, and 173 tonight. They decided to take the top 4 from each bar for the pool tournament. We had a definite 1st place person, but there was a 4 way tie for 2nd including myself last 2 games I shot like ****. Since I backed out it made it even with the top 4 people from each bar.

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks. kinda interesting to see what people pay in different places for things for living.
like the taxes difference. i live in a small town that was a village, but we gave up our local government and became a part of the county, making us a hamlet.
administrative costs dropped taxes quite a bit then.
water, sewer, and house to house garbage pick up are an extra utility not included in taxes here.
water is the variable, but usually about $90/month or under
just setting it all out to make fair comparisons.
some taxes include garbage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
pretty low amounts. yours is about mine in summer.
water used to be a flat amount, but too many abused it, so they started charging by the m3.
my power use is fairly flat. maybe 15% more for winter.
of course in this climate, gas is the big one in winter, and we just came through a cold spell, dropping it to -20 to -35C for about 10 days.
anybody else up for some compare?
thanks for taking the time bh1992.

·
Registered
14,682 Posts
On Friday night when I got the SOS call from a coworker - I was banging out sheetrock-over drywall in the bathroom.

The Wifey wasn't too happy that I had to leave.

I'm taking Friday off to spend mucho time in the bathroom doing the re-build.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Waiting for my package from Russia !

Ordered a Strut Tower Brace for Durango III. Got the lead from a fellow DodgeDurango.net member who bought one. About 1/2 the cost of the Big Names here in the states. We'll see if it's worth a chit!

Ordered mine in White to complement my Engine Bay!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #395 (Edited)
Thats the beauty of having gas heat; I average $275 a month in the winter, (2000 KWH) if depending on how cold, for the electric bill/elctric heat. I was only $160 in November, $288 for this month.

$200 a month in the hottest parts of the summer.

Thats 3 heating/cooling units running. Blargh.

Pretty sure the main one is sucking all of the juice. Probably nearing replacement. Ugh. Blargh. LOL...

I might schedule the two secondaries to start shutting off at 12 midnight until 8 am, see if that makes a difference.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
My Electrical KWh usage is almost double yours B-Man. But I'm all electric in a poorly insulated Chitbox! You have the luxury of Gas and energy efficient water heating.

My last bill was $125 total. Electric only. No water/trash etc. That's extra!

·
Registered
175 Posts
my extra power use in winter is not just the furnace running more. i have a 70w sodium lamp on light sense (nights longer), computer runs 24/7 filesharing, and a 60w 24/7 heated pail for any outdoor cats fresh water. it's out my back door, and interesting to look out at as to who's around. funny how many in the neighbourhood find it.
extra 200kwh's is onlt $6. little change in delivery. even if you use nothing, it's $60.
i have a/c i use sometimes a few weeks in the summer. used it a couple months 2 summers ago when smoke rolled through town for quite some time with fires to the west.
highest power use was 900 kwh one of those months.
only gas in summer is hot water, and dryer when used.

anyway, was wasting some time when i came across this.
like a horizontal volcano blast.
a set up backdraft.

caught by high speed cameras.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Cheddar Heads!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
My new home.........................

·
Premium Member
16,449 Posts
My new home.........................

Did you buy that for camping, or is it a temporary work situation. Inquiring minds want to know. I bought something like that for a few months one time for a remote contract job and then sold it.

381 - 400 of 475 Posts