DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

401 - 420 of 475 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
That'll be my "permanent" home!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
More Trace machines dropping like flies. Got two more down at LIT. Need some out of town to go down for that expense money/travel !

·
Registered
14,682 Posts
When I got my rental car in Mobile, AL - I found a leather man tool. Took it to my room. When packing up early in the morning to go to the airport - brain dead - I threw it in my backpack.

TSA caught it in the scanner. The guy asked if I wanted to go put it in my car. I told him "it's yours - I found it in my rental car and threw it in the wrong bag". He laughed and took it somewhere.

I never owned one of those tools - most likely would sit in a drawer in the garage for years.

No tears to shed.... :)

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Just changed all the locks on the house.

Only one of them still worked---using a key---and the last one was getting tight---I reckon they rusted up inside, not sure; I sprayed them a couple times a year.

·
Registered
14,682 Posts
I'm off for the next four days. Massive tear down of the bathroom. Drywall, ceiling, toilet, vanity, repair of some rotten sole plates, remove flooring, etc.

My liver will not thank me. Nor my back - but **** has got to get done.

My plumber buddy is coming over this weekend to do the water lines, move what needs to be moved, etc...

Gotta make some progress.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Post some pics of your project Chris!

Bathrooms are on my list, they need the same, in a bad way.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Still working on the side room, its almost the drum room now;

Stairs were all ****ed up, out of level; so bad that the flooring would hit the bottom of the door; not perfect still, but the best I can get it without tearing everything apart; good thing is, the flooring doesnt hit the door anymore.

Found out the slab floor was out of level by 1 1/2 inches from the back of the room to the front; not sure if it was purposely sloped to make water run out the former garage door when a wet car was parked in there, or what. Big money to fix that, so I'm just dealing with it. Only real issue its causing is installing baseboard; because there is a brick ledge near the floor; the baseboard will have to be small, or the slope will be noticeable.

Paint, electrical, all done for the most part, just have to install baseboard and trim that was removed for the new floor. Floor is done, along with the carpet on the drum riser---basically took the one from the garage and cut it down to fit the side room; looking forward to it being done finally.

This weekend I'll have to pickup the baseboard, get it all fitted, then paint, hopefully install next week and then I can "move in"; and start playing in there. Planning some acoustic treatment too to minimize disturbance to the rest of the house but i'll have to see how the room sounds first.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Whomever did the electrical and drywall in that room, when it was converted from an attached garage; needs to just hire a professional, or drink beer and watch.....lol...pretty sure it was the previous homeowner.

If I did it the Holmes way it really needed to be gutted to the studs and start over. Apparently a sander was not in his tool box when it came to drywall, neither was sealing the concrete blocks it was in direct contact with (fixed all that, no more musty smell, moisture getting in), electrical was a rats nest; also, attaching baseboard made of wood to concrete with no moisture protection is a bad idea, that stuff literally fell off....LOL...

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Federal refund received. Can't recall if it has been a week and a half or two and a half weeks since it got e-filed.

That's pretty darn quick!

·
Registered
175 Posts
weird weather. few degrees above freezing for a week, then down to -20C with 60kmh winds,last night and temp rising above freezing again tonight.
got a good snow out of it as the cold came in. with the warm before, and then the snow, it made things kinda slippery.
not many got up the hill beside my house.
school bus tried and got just before the alley, and backed down, just to try it again. powered out and started to slide sideways on the way back. so just parked there.
10 minutes later, a skid steer with tracks shows up and tries pushing it.
tracks and tires doing a lot of rotating but the machines aren't budging. so the skid steer anchors itself to the rear bumper and when the bus rolls back, the front end starts coming around.
so, up to the front end to anchor it and slowly roll with the bus.
as it passed backwards past my house, i see the tracks rolling a couple mile an hour backwards.
at least they got it down.
the hill slopes down toward the street out front, but also slopes toward my house. funny enough, the bus didn;t try a third attempt.
back down around -10 for lows then back up to freezing or above after the weekend.
see if we can avoid the cold spell of last year about this time.
2 weeks into the -20's to -30's.
keep warm.

401 - 420 of 475 Posts