DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

421 - 440 of 475 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Stopped in at work for another 3 hours of overtime before taking the car in for maintenance. Should see 26 hours of overtime on my next check.
Dammit! I've only got 10 hours of overtime this week!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm not sure how many shots are in a small tumbler, minus the ice, but I think its gonna take two more tumblers to make my neck feel decent. I'm not sure if it was the chiropractor on tuesday or something I did later that day but it's been bothering me since.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Just got another Air Bag Recall notice from Chrysler....this time for Durango III. All 3 Durangos have Air Bag Recalls now! WTF! Frickin' TaCaCa air bags!

I wasn't worried about Durango I the 2004 SLT as that was going to be sold and figured the next owner can enjoy dealing with the local service dept on it!

·
Registered
175 Posts
that's just about a perfect commute for an electric.
especially if you can plug in somewhere at the other end.
even 110 would give you about 1/2 the one way distance in an 8 hour day.
1/3 the fossil cost and 0% the service cost.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I thought about it, I think I'd have to buy the high end tesla 3 for almost twice as much as what I spent on the camry, but even then I'd be on the edge of its capabilities with a round trip and recharge when working overtime. Winter capabilities would be a bigger question with cabin heat and the fact that batteries do better in a certain temp range. Figure on a long distance trip or two throughout the year and fossil fuels is the way to go without question. Then add on battery life which for the teslas is impressive, about 80% capacity after 100,000 miles I think?

·
Premium Member
16,449 Posts
Your math is a little off. Just under 580 a week. Didn't think I drove that much on the weekends, especially since most of those weeks were 4 day work weeks.
Yeah - I doubled twice instead of just once for the round trip. :whistle:

610 a week based on your stated 61 each way. But that does work out to over 15k in 6 months, 30k/yr. Vacation and holidays off is probably offset by non-commute driving.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Will Speed Shine / Speed Detail for beer! Griot's FTW! Took Durango III down to the car wash this morning for a much needed bath after 2 weeks of driving in the rain and collecting road grunge!

Hitting the Interior & Exterior with my extensive range of Griot's products. After that going to apply the Griot's Ceramic spray to select surfaces to see how it holds up vs standard waxing.

The ceramic spray is supposed to be good on glass. I'll treat the rear hatch glass as that collects a lot of crud due to the lack of air flow over the back and the negative pressure back there that sucks **** in from bottom and top.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Durango III is looking pretty Spiffy after the Griot's Treatment. All shiny and new smelling.

Applied the Ceramic Spray Treatment to all 4 doors and the rear hatch glass. We'll see what it does in this weeks upcoming predicted rain storms.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Ordered a couple of rear hatch wiper blades for pickup tomorrow from NAPA. The one on there now has the rubber starting to separate from the arm at the end.

I should see if the closeout wiper blades i bought for the 2004/2007 Durangos fit. Got those on closeout from rock auto for less than $2 each.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
No Go on the Gen 2 vs Gen 3 Durango rear wiper blades. Gen 2 is a 14" and Gen 3 is 12".

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Tomorrow show some love to the Special with Griot's products. Already did a pretty good exterior surface clean. Will touch that up some. Need to work on the wheels and the interior.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I thought about it, I think I'd have to buy the high end tesla 3 for almost twice as much as what I spent on the camry, but even then I'd be on the edge of its capabilities with a round trip and recharge when working overtime. Winter capabilities would be a bigger question with cabin heat and the fact that batteries do better in a certain temp range. Figure on a long distance trip or two throughout the year and fossil fuels is the way to go without question. Then add on battery life which for the teslas is impressive, about 80% capacity after 100,000 miles I think?
about 5% loss is failrly quick, (about 50k miles)and then a slow drop to about 80% after as much as 300K miles.
if it's too fast, it's warranty.
if your stuck in traffic in winter, then heating uses more as compared to distance traveled.
about 10-25% depending on temp and speed.(like mileage it will vary. use lower temps and heated wheel/seats uses less.etc)
as i said though, if you have even a 110 plug, it will give you about 1+ kwh of power/hour.
if you can find a 220, even better.
does depend on the charging infrastructure around you too. any fast chargers around. supercharger would give you about 60% in 20 or so minutes.
as long as you can charge at work, even the bolt might suit you.and chev has a cheap lease going on, that wouldn't lock you into it too long, as tech changes.
but it was just a thought.
bolt has over 250 range this year.

ps, a cold battery can reduce range, but it comes back after warming the battery. from driving or charging. it's not as much an issue as people think.
in case your wondering their cold capabilities.

pps, about the bolt.

421 - 440 of 475 Posts