DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

781 - 800 of 887 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
I cant see work being shut down. We are probably on the edge of yes or no on that one----work shuts down, no truck parts, no trucks getting fixed, etc; thats not good for the places that are staying open, grocery stores, etc;

Only way we would shut down I reckon is if someone in our company gets it....

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Yeah I just hope we can continue doing take out. Our dine in however, was more than HALF of our revenue. The owner has deep pockets, but he’s tripping just like the rest of America’s small businesses right now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am working from home. My Wife hasn't left the house and if I do (as today) she is all about washing hands and so forth.

The Governor of VA shut all schools down for the year. Shut down all bars, seat in eating, haircuts, etc.

My England coworker told me that they have shut down schools for the year and everything else. Stores are bare as ours is. They think they are about 3 weeks behind Italy - all industry just shut down today.

Our company just shut down all plants in the Europe. The Italy plant was still open. North American plants are still open - for now.
my wife is all about washing hands too. runs around polishing up the doorknob too if you go out and return.
she has a compromised immune system, so her over exuberance is tolerated.
many places don't have enough traffic for them to stay open.
local store is staying open. and post office.
about all that's left in town. think the realtor is still open too.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
My workplace is in the same boat as yours Dan. If a customer needs to drop something off they have to call the office for someone to come out and fill out a repair tag, then have them back in for us to unload their parts while they remain in the vehicle. And we are all supposed to have minimal interaction with anyone in any other departments.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Finally some good news in the Market. Dow is up over 2100 points. Need to get rid of these wild swings and get back on track going up!

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
My 401K is going crazy.

Work cancelled the 5% input (regardless if your are in the 401K or not) and up to 5% match if you put in 5%.

Any carryover and payout carry over from 2020 to 2021 is cancelled.

They will look at these on May 1st to see if the company can reintroduce these benefits again.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
I'm not complaining - working from home - still have a paycheck and benefits.

Been told to be prepared to work from home for a while.

·
Registered
247 Posts
still just putzin with an old computer.
update took the sound out.
video card from my other machine sped it up.
10 year old video card on a 14 yr old machine.
so i connected the card through hdmi, and now sound comes through my video to my monitor.
headphone jack got it to my external speakers again.
actually rolls pretty good on linux. budgie ubuntu is whati went with trying to get back sound.
lost it in mint.
i like the no anti virus needed aspect of it.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Got an email today that was sent out to everyone in the company. Pretty much an explanation for any law enforcement to see if a person would be stopped on their way to work. I think it's because of Wisconsin enacting a stay at home order that took effect tonight.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
Day #3 without getting in the car to go somewhere. In the house, or out in the yard, or walking the dogs.

Doing work from home and sliding in some bathroom work.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Bush Beans! Brrraaaaappppppp!

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
That powdered French Onion soup mix does wonders for my butt music / smell.

781 - 800 of 887 Posts