DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

801 - 820 of 887 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Ewwww!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
I can't escape work at the airport. Just got letters to carry in case there's some kind of "Curfew/Travel Restrictions". The letter indicates I'm an employee that's "Critical" to TSA ans Federal Defense blahh blahh blahhh. I was hoping to skate for a week or two...no dice. Passenger traffic is down to 150/day vs 2100 normal. It's a ghost town in the airport. But plenty of open parking. No restaurants are open in the airport including gift shops and snack bars/fast food. So pack your own lunch!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
It would be better with PBR or Steel City. Maybe some Old Milwaukee!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #805
My county goes on lock down tomorrow. Still have to work because we are considered essential. Took Thursday and Friday off since my vacation got cancelled, and we're pretty slow.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Was this your vacation for the Canuck MC trip?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Alright...this Covid Dos Equis Virus crap is getting out of hand. Was checking the weather forecast and this popped up today. Look at the lower left!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Seems everyone is going "Full Retard" on this!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #810
They are definitely doing the best they can to scare the **** out of everyone.

My boss and I looked at some statistics today. In NC, you have more of a chance of getting struck by lightning or dying in a car accident than getting COVID right now. 10 million people had the flu over the winter. 16,000 died from it.

I guess its better to be safe than sorry since there is no real medication yet to treat this crap but the whole thing seems to be blown way out of proportion quite a bit.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
No, I was going to Oklahoma in May. Tornado chasing trip.

Canuckistan is still on for now.

Hmmmmmm....OK is right next door to AR. You could've stopped in for a beer on the way there or back. You would've had to travel through Little Rock if you were driving. If flying.....never mind!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
Hmmmmmm....OK is right next door to AR. You could've stopped in for a beer on the way there or back. You would've had to travel through Little Rock if you were driving. If flying.....never mind!
Yeah the plan was to fly in to OKC. There, I would meet with a storm chasing team and ride with them all week. Texas, KS, AR, wherever the storms are. If we made Tiny Pebble, could have met up for a beer!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #813
Bummed that **** got cancelled. Bucket list. I'll do it next year barring any world wide disasters.

Just happy to still be working at this point.....ugh....

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
I can't wait to retire! Just a few more years. Maybe less if work keeps giving me sheet!

·
Registered
247 Posts
My boss and I looked at some statistics today. In NC, you have more of a chance of getting struck by lightning or dying in a car accident than getting COVID right now. 10 million people had the flu over the winter. 16,000 died from it.
this is at 476k now, and 21k deaths. that's as of this writing. it'll change by morning.
the flu is recurring and alreadt built into healthcare needs.
this will quickly overburden the healthcare system if it gets away too fast.
italy being the example.
they're at closer to 5% death rate.
if you watch the numbers, americas rise is just starting.
death rates will be higher without enough medical care.
which won't happen if you overburden the system.
you don't know what you need til you hit peak like china.
they've been at it 3 months, we're just starting.
i don't believe it was a good outcome either way.
although isolating is a pro life stance.
i don;t know how one would feel if they were the one out there and brought it home to the family and someone died from it.
and if you look at recovered to dead, the % gets much higher.
probably going to be isolation for another month at least.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
It would be better with PBR or Steel City. Maybe some Old Milwaukee!
I have seen people projectile vomit from a single beer of either the first or last mentioned. PBR is the penalty for one person at the bar of he bowls less than 100 in any game.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,480 Posts
99% done other than some misc decorating, picture hanging etc.

Need to put up some Auralex as the reverb is pretty serious; worse than the garage; I'll have to wait for the budget to come back a bit lol;

Here it is;

Wow, that is phenomenal! Way to go Dan. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Alright...this Covid Dos Equis Virus crap is getting out of hand. Was checking the weather forecast and this popped up today. Look at the lower left!

Heh! FWIW (not much), I live in Pulaski County - in VA. Enter Dublin, VA in Wunderground, and you get the below. IIRC correctly, Pulaski was a Polish general that fought in our Revolutionary War (died of pneumonia I think). Never set foot in this county, but apparently post-Revolutionary Americans had such great respect for him that they named a bunch of counties after him.

Anyway - so far we’ve had no known occurrences or deaths from CV.

801 - 820 of 887 Posts