DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently saw a "performance upgrade" module on ebay that when installed is supposed to change air/fuel ratio and add "22 horsepower". does anyone have this module installed and/or is it legitimate? it's also said to be for 93 until current and that doesn't even make sense, since there are 5-different engines spanning from its 1993 debut until current. it's hard to believe that 3.3, 3.5, 2.7, 3.2 and the new 3.5 litre engines even have the same air/fuel ratio much less would have performance increases by changing the ratio to what the upgrade-module is programmed for.

there is also another question i have about engine swaps between years.
my boss gave me his 1994 intrepid after blowing up the 24-valve 3.5 litre in it. now i have a car that needs an engine.
the 96-97 3.5 litre engine is compatible with the 94, but not completely. apparently there's an issue that's either electrical, exhaust manifolds or intake plenum. if anyone can verify any of the aforementioned, it would be greately appreciated.

nerd/daniel

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
it doesnt work..plain and simple

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the only difference between the engines is the wiring harness, the 96-97 is odb II the 94 is ODB 1, not sure though

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Pedplar said:
I think the only difference between the engines is the wiring harness, the 96-97 is odb II the 94 is ODB 1, not sure though
Nonetheless like stated above... the modules, chips that you see on Ebay are crap. You can go to radio shack and buy the same thing for like a buck. No hp gains, more than likely you'd lose some hp, and screw your car up somehow.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
crombie said:
Nonetheless like stated above... the modules, chips that you see on Ebay are crap. You can go to radio shack and buy the same thing for like a buck. No hp gains, more than likely you'd lose some hp, and screw your car up somehow.
Any void any remaining warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts