DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forget where I saw it (I think 95trep3.3) but there is a 2G RKE on a 1G car somewhere, and because of the panic button, and increased range, I think it would be a practical modification for my car. Does anyone have any tips?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,032 Posts
95trep3.3 is correct on that. I sold him one of my RKE fobs from my 1999 SE. He said it worked fine, The 2nd gen RKE has to be from a 1998-2000 year car to work in the 1st gen. 2001 and later will not work as the frequency they transmit is different,

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the search begins. I'll probably look in the yard first, but if I need one I'll come to this place only. And I thought that you could replace the whole module (otherwise the person unlocking the 1999 Intrepid next to you would be able to unlock your car also.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,032 Posts
Each fob is unique with it's output. If you had 3 fobs they each would have to programmed to a particular car. It's possible to program a fob to more than one vehicle but what are the chances of you getting a used fob and programming it to your car and having the original car it was programmed to show up next to yours. Probably a gazillion to one. Besides my car was in California and still is.

If you're that worried about that situation you can buy 1998-2000 model year fobs new on Ebay all day long for around $20 each.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
There are two different ranges of first gen remotes, btw. Ham, does your remote say "press twice"on the trunk button?

If yes, the second gen may likely work for you... But if not, I doubt it will work. Being a 95, I'm not sure. I know 96 is a Press twice style, while a 94 is not.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to dig up an old thread or anything.... But I just got one of these remotes, and programmed it, it works wonderfully... almost doubling the distance.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only the ones from 1998-2000, i learned that the hard way, and the only thing not working is the panic button, which does nothing. They did program just like the old ones, but only the new one and one old one paired

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts