DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.7L engine in my Intrepid and I have this airbox thingy right above the airbox where my air filter is housed. Does anyone know what that box is for?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
that box is a resinator box, it just lowers the engine noise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When you say "lowers the engine noise" when it's remove/replaced with the intake, does you engine have more of a growl?

·
Registered
105 Posts
When you say "lowers the engine noise" when it's remove/replaced with the intake, does you engine have more of a growl?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Power gains? What power gain? Were talking a 2.7 here. How much of this power gain is actualy getting to the ground? Are we measuring this power gain in ricer terms? That growl has got to be werth 20hp atleast.

Please school me

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Originally posted by Thebulgd:
Power gains? What power gain? Were talking a 2.7 here. How much of this power gain is actualy getting to the ground? Are we measuring this power gain in ricer terms? That growl has got to be werth 20hp atleast.

Please school me
Ok, here's your quick schooling, the folowing was posted in this earlier forum
L_Intake

-----------------
L_Intake for the 2.7L
Brianw99 brought over his Interpid 2.7L last night.

We did 2 G-Tech runs prior to changing anything and then 2 runs after changing to the new intake.

Stock- 0-60 9.97 sec 1/4-17.54sec at 84mph
Intake 0-60 9.40 sec 1/4-17.14sec at 86mph

Using the HP calculator,it comes out to a 12-16HP improvement on the 2.7L

The intake is slightly different from the one used on the 3.2/3.5 but still has all the features it has.
--------------------

Is that proof enough for you? Is half a second 0-60MPH enough to justify the modification?

·
Registered
457 Posts
DOH!

Well I guess when you put it that way it sure does make sense

Thanks for the schoolin and the link to the previous posts.

you gotta admit I was pretty close with that growl being werth 20hp.

I guess I will be lookin for a crow........

or a pry bar for my foot.......

or some such

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I take the resonator box off without modifying the stock filter setup or would I have to create a whole new intake setup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts