DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

not long ago i was reading on some site (that has since slipped my mind) that running the intake plenum from a 3.2 on a 3.5 would essentially make it a 3.5 H.O. has anyone done this, and if so could they verify?
thanks y'all!

-ThreePointFive

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,432 Posts
It would give you the SRV, and MTV valves, which are part of the "HO" function. They would not operate unless the wiring was there and the parameters were set in the PCM.

Assuming you have an 02 or newer car with a 3.5 Magnum engine; you would first have to convert the vacuum operated SRV valve on the 3.2 plenum to the electronically operated one seen on 02+ 3.5 HO engines...so you might as well just get a 3.5HO plenum from 02+.

Along with the 3.2 or 3.5HO plenum, you would need a matched PCM from an HO. This is also providing that the wiring is there to both valves 02-04. If the wiring is not there, it would have to be added, either by making a harness and pinning it to the PCM, or replacing the engine harness with that of an HO equipped car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, Daytrepper. my car is a 2002 with the 3.5 non H.O. , so i think i'll just go with the plenum from a 3.5. i appreciate the insight!

-ThreePointFive

·
Registered
718 Posts
trep.
are those valve you mentioned the 2 on the front of the plenum? one is kind of square(02-04, round on prior years) with an arm that rotates butterflys inside the plenum???

ive seen 3.5's @ the yard with that part deleted off the plenum, wiring, and a filler plate is screwed over where that mechanism used to be.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Those are Non-HO (High Output) manifolds. Pretty common from 2002-2004.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts