DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
What year Neon R/T? 98 -99 are easy mid to high 15 sec stock. The Neon should win. The 2001 on up are low to high 16 sec cars. You have good chance of winning. Driver has alot to do with it also.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
the R/T will win...i have tested it. If the Neon driver is anything decent, he'll take you...you'll get the jump off the line, but he will come on strong and pass you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2002 neon RT, do they still have the 2.4L dohc in thoes or the 2.0 sohc? I'll be racing him this saturday night this it just for fun with a friend of mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Neons did'nt come with a 2.4, they only came with the 2.0, either 130 HP Stock, or 150 in the Neon R/T's. At least, we never had a Neon come in period with anything bigger than a 2.0 until the SRT-4.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
340duster said:
the R/T will win...i have tested it. If the Neon driver is anything decent, he'll take you...you'll get the jump off the line, but he will come on strong and pass you.
I have owned 2 - 98 Neon R/T's Not really last year at the DI Meet. I beat every one off the line until the 1/8 mile. Then i lost power, a lack off gas because. I was running too little gas in the tank. He should catch him at the end of the 1/4 mile.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
I have owned 2 - 98 Neon R/T's Not really last year at the DI Meet. I beat every one off the line until the 1/8 mile. Then i lost power, a lack off gas because. I was running too little gas in the tank. He should catch him at the end of the 1/4 mile.
interesting...the one I ran, i had the jump, but by about 60 or so, he had me beat

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would think that the neon would take you off the line because of better power to weight ratio, but once you got going, the neon not have the extra two cylinders would lose.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
popimp said:
I would think that the neon would take you off the line because of better power to weight ratio, but once you got going, the neon not have the extra two cylinders would lose.
neon also weighs 1000 lbs less.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Depends on how fast you get to.......the Neon will take you off the line with the 5-speed.......and you should be able to pass him depending on how fast you race to.

My Laser will take my Intrepid off the line every time........but by the time the Laser reaches 120MPH, the Intrepid flies by it like the Laser is standing still ;)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Avenger said:
Depends on how fast you get to.......the Neon will take you off the line with the 5-speed.......and you should be able to pass him depending on how fast you race to.

My Laser will take my Intrepid off the line every time........but by the time the Laser reaches 120MPH, the Intrepid flies by it like the Laser is standing still ;)
you also have a 3.5.

we aren't talking about a 3.5 intrepid, we are talking about a 3.2 intrepid. the neon comes on stronger on the top end than the intrepid does.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I seriously doubt that........we're talking V6 vs 4-cyl......the 6 has WAY more ooomph at top end when air resistance is beating that 4-cyl down.

On a side note......I test drove a 2001 Neon R/T when car shopping for my Intrepid R/T.......I was pretty dissappointed at the performance when comparing it to the Intrepid I eventually ended up buying.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Avenger said:
I seriously doubt that........we're talking V6 vs 4-cyl......the 6 has WAY more ooomph at top end when air resistance is beating that 4-cyl down.

On a side note......I test drove a 2001 Neon R/T when car shopping for my Intrepid R/T.......I was pretty dissappointed at the performance when comparing it to the Intrepid I eventually ended up buying.
look....I TESTED IT. I HAVE RACED NEON R/Ts in my 3.2. A 3.2 doesnt even hold up next to an Neon SXT with a manual. You need to learn that Intrepids ARE NOT the fastest cars on the face of the earth. My friend's SXT trashed the Intrepid, not even close...we both gteched the cars during the run, his 0-60 was 7.79, mine was 8.16. Thats just an SXT with 132 hp...the R/T has 150 and usually puts about 132 to the wheels. You need to realize that Intrepids dont beat everything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts