DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 3.2L is fluctuating my rpm's when my A/C is on, It will idle alittle lower than 1k on the rpm, then fluctuate down alittle, then up a little, down alittle, etc..., nothing bad or sounding f-ed up, but its just wierd!, anybody experience this yet?, Oh when the A/C is turned off, this stops the fluctuating. when its turned back on, it does again, ??????????? Any help would be greatly appreciated!, Thanks Guys!, ;)

~LUROC~

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
up and down up and down, is that normal like that?, It gets Little annoying tho, only when im listening to it,lol, its like the car is giving it self gas to rev up,lol, and letin go to drop rev,?????< anyone have a clue wtf is this sh*t?,lol, any help would be great, ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
up and down up and down, is that normal like that?, It gets Little annoying tho, only when im listening to it,lol, its like the car is giving it self gas to rev up,lol, and letin go to drop rev,?????< anyone have a clue wtf is this sh*t?,lol, any help would be great, ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My cold air isnt that well at 85 degreese, Only when it drops to 70 degreese shes good with th cooool air, hmmm, I just put in another can of r-134A, wtf?, but shes cycles just how its supposed to cycle,(hearing her cycle, then off, then 30 secods or so,cycle back on, off, etc.., when parked), but the rpm thing just has me concerned.

thanks ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
All I can think of is your compressor is really loading the engine and it sounds like you're short cycling. How are your pressures? No help but mine doesn't do that. FYI: the air at my center vent was 34° at an OAT of 85° yesterday. I don't remember the pressures but it seems like it was going to around 230 on the high side.

Don

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Just put some more r-14a and it isnt throwin a bit of air-cool!. WTF?, anybody what is up/, I --DO--KNOW---THAT---THE LITTLE PURGE VALVE IN THE BACK OF THE COMPRESSOR WAS SOMEWHAT FARTING?,lmao!, I wasw scared it first did it, and I jumpeed back!, anybody experience this?, is that a bad thing that this does occasionally?, it did for about 1/2 hour now, i just let the system run(a/c), and see what happens, so far nothing,Hmmmm, anyone???, ima bought to rip that A/C out, and gain some HOrses!,;),lol anyone?.r/t+++?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
You have most likely over-charged the system and the pressure-relief valve is popping off.

NEVER EVER add a/c coolant without a set of known-good pressure gauges.

Some things that can be destroyed by overfilling and over press-ing the system include:

Everything.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shes running real cold now?, wow, I wanna see how long it'll last!, :), but it took a while for her to drop down to a good feeling burst of cold air, hmmm, hopefully everything is good, lets knock on wood!, ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohho, Houston we have a problem!, She clicks on and off, and makes a screeching sound (Belt is in pretty good shape!)Hmmm....on and off, then When I turn the A/C off, the RPM's Stop fluctuating, and the noise goes away, hmmm, anyone have a clue?, or have the same issue?.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,849 Posts
Maybe buy a compressor? Or have it checked out by someone that knows what they're doing? Not trying to ding you but adding refridgerant when anything goes wrong with the AC is not the solution. Spend some money and get it checked out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.