DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much just dumb bout this car, so i hope you guys will be nice and not tell me its already been aswered and that i need to go find it......k, i have a 96 3.3 and i want to take that restrictor thing out, now i have the whole tubing out and i looked in there, and there is no way i can just pull it out, the cone is like part of the housing, so is the little cone suspended in the middle the only thing i need to cut out? thanks a million guys! sorry if i sound dumb i'm mostly a rice rocket gen kid, this is my car i've been givvin so i want to at least get it to go fast or at least sound like something more than a cat. btw going in reverse then putting it in drive and gassing it is the only way this stupid thing will spin the tires!:devil:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I took a small chisle and a rubber mallet to break off the 3 plastic flaps that hold the cone in place. Make sure you get all the plastic fragments out before you put the tube back on.

BTW- You might wanna lay off the reverse to drive drops. That is not good on the tranny. The trannies in these cars are delicate, so you should do what you can to preserve it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay dokay thanks, yeah i guess stupid kids should think about that huh. well since i have to drive this thing till i get my hudson hornet i should lay off the tranny jacking moves.... thanks again i'm gunna get cracking on this thing. BTW i love my car, its not an rx-7 or a viper but hey its my lil police type car, its good for scaring people making out in the country side too :wink:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lol Welcome to the boards. Yeah like pimped said lay of that nuetral drop, Thats how i ruined my transmission. Unless youd be willing to spend$2,000 on a new transmission:blush: :blush:

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the air restrictor, what i did was take a hammer and i stuck the rubber end of the hammer in the inside of the cone sat the tube on the floor and help it up with my feet and i pushed down and twisted and it popped right out and all the plastic came with it too, i think i had like 2 pieces of plastic that actully fell off the cone! But if u do it this way u better not plan on putting it back in there LOL

·
Registered
366 Posts
i jsut stood on mine- it fell out and didnt even break

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Wutang15m said:
Unless youd be willing to spend$2,000 on a new transmission:blush: :blush:
Hmm...it's only (yeah right, ONLY, haha) $1500 here to get it rebuilt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought the 3.3L Concorde's and Intrepid's didn't have resonators. I want to do this to my car too, but don't have any clue how to. Do you guys know of any sites explaining this with pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think there is something in the "how-to" section, don't think there are any pics though.

If you want to get your wheels to spin, try putting some more air in your tires...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Damn POS "air-restrictor" I took out my induction pipe so I could see what the thing looked like. From what I saw I thought it would be easy to take out. So I grap a pair of pliers and pull, damn thing broke...

I managed to use a flat head screw driver to get what was left of it to the opening of the pipe, but it wouldn't come out. After a 1/2 hour of frustration I took a hammer to it broke it up.

From what I saw I believe the thing is designed to help the air flow better than actually restrict it, as Whodat said. It seems to make the pipe "Straight" where it's actually bending. I guess it does both, make the air flow better and restrict it a little.

I haven't noticed the engine get any louder what so ever except when I open up the hood and listen. Although at 4,000+ rpms I get a nice whirling sound. I didn't want this to be a permanent mod, but oh well... my "restrictor" is in about 6,000 pieces...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts