DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C compressor mounting bracket is missing the rear bolt that goes through the exhaust manifold cover. However, I don't even see anywhere for the bolt to go into. I can see further down on the engine that there are 3 empty bolt holes, perhaps for another bracket? Can someone describe the set-up or post pics of what it should look like?

My compressor produces a wicked vibration at about 3500 RPM but is fine above or below that. It also makes a bit of vibration around 1800 RPM but not nearly as bad. It seems to be vibrating at its natural resonant frequency, possibly due to that missing bolt.
I believe when the head gaskets were replaced years ago, they forgot to replace that bolt, as I can see the mark on the bracket where a bolt used to be.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Bolt actually goes through the exhuast manifold into the head. Also helps secure manifold to engine as well as bracket.

Prolly can get photos if needed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, because on mine there is a bolt already there holding the exhaust manifold on, in-line with where the compressor bracket bolt should be. Is the bolt head the same size as the other 3 front bracket bolts?

Any pics you can provide would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Ok, because on mine there is a bolt already there holding the exhaust manifold on, in-line with where the compressor bracket bolt should be. Is the bolt head the same size as the other 3 front bracket bolts?

Any pics you can provide would be awesome.
It's one long bolt with a spacer that fits between the compressor bracket and exhuast manifold.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I have to find one in a yard then, since it has that spacer. Unless those are commonly available and someone knows the specs. on this bolt? Thanks for the info. and pic.

The shop must have replaced it with one of the standard sized exhaust manifold bolts..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Eagles...in ure pic, you have 3 hoses with red end caps. I need to change the middle hose. Where do find this hose or what kind of hose should be used? Also, there is oil residue coming out on the end with your red cap. Your looks very clean. Is there anything that needs to be replaced in this hose to stop the oil mist? thanks

94 Vision 3.3L
01 Trep 2.7L 88,000 miles

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Eagles...in ure pic, you have 3 hoses with red end caps. I need to change the middle hose. Where do find this hose or what kind of hose should be used? Also, there is oil residue coming out on the end with your red cap. Your looks very clean. Is there anything that needs to be replaced in this hose to stop the oil mist? thanks

94 Vision 3.3L
01 Trep 2.7L 88,000 miles
I just used a Crankcase hose available at most auto parts stores. The one on the driver side valve cover is crankcase hose as well but overtime it will fail. I highly suggest buying the molded on from chrsyler.

Far as looking clean, I have tight seal on all the hoses and keep up to date on the PCV valve maintenance. That and I clean it quite often.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sure looks mighty clean under that hood!

Why did you stop painting the lettering after 3.3?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Eagles...good job....looks great....is the pcv valve on the driver crankcase hose (on the left hand end of the hose in ure pic....ie the end without the red fastener)?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Sure looks mighty clean under that hood!

Why did you stop painting the lettering after 3.3?
That intake was a spare which I ported out. I actually used to have matching red on the original intake.I haven't been able to find the "Chrsyler Fire Red" paint anymore. Was a clearish color allowing for some background color to come through.

Eagles...good job....looks great....is the pcv valve on the driver crankcase hose (on the left hand end of the hose in ure pic....ie the end without the red fastener)?
Yup. Screws into the back on the intake. Shown here with a red thing on it. Man these pictures are old.

For shits and giggles, here it what I started with.

·
Registered
252 Posts
haha....ure starting pic looks like my finished pic....what a change....and thanks for the info on the pcv valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts