DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a header set made for the 3.3 Intrepids? I know I could have a set made fairly easily, but I would rather just buy a set if there is one out there. Both manifolds broke, and I am thinking about headers if they are not that much more.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Dont quote me on this, but I am almost 100 percent sure that they dont make headers for our treps, especially the 3.3L. But if you were to find some please let me know because I would love to do that to my car as well.

Maybe one of these forum vets can better answer ur question.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.3 headers

Thanks for the info, even if not very encouraging. I know a guy that makes nice custom headers. I am going to get a price to have steel pipe duplicates made of my cast iron manifolds. I will let you know his name and number if he gives me a quote. I have seen his work, and know it is good. Time to go to sleep now.:dozeoff:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
your exhaust manifolds broke!??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
broken manifolds

Yeah, I took the heads off to fix a blown head gasket and to have them rebuilt, and one primary pipe on each manifold has a crack that goes at least have way around the pipe. They look like they have been leaking for quite a while, but I did not know it until I took the heat shields off. I can get a pair of used ones for about $100, but I am going to see what headers cost, and get those if they are not that much more. I am not really sure why they cracked, as there did not appear to be any stress points on them when I took them off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
header update

I talked to a guy I know that makes headers, and he is going to give me a quote to make headers for 3.3 Treps based upon my exhaust manifolds. I will relay the info to all of you that are interested. If anyone wants to buy a pair, you will need to tell him fairly soon after. Neither he nor I will be available to talk to each other about this until early August, so be patient. Just be forewarned that if you like the price, you will need to come up with some cash within a couple of weeks after I tell you so that he can build yours when he makes mine; that is, if I do not choke on the price. I still am not sure I will have him make mine, but I just wanted to let you all know.

·
Registered
781 Posts
So you will not get a quote until August is what you are saying?

I am anxious to see how much he is going to charge, I am betting its expensive since he is going to have to make them custom. Dunno maybe we will get lucky.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
header quote for 3.3 in August

Yeah, it will be sometime in early August. I dunno, perhaps it will be too much, but maybe he will surprise me. I figured it will cost more, it is just how much more that will be the deciding factor. I am looking to have him make something that will just bolt in, so it will be fairly stock. If it is not too much effort, perhaps equal length headers, but that depends on whether it will affect the ability of the air conditioning compressor to bolt up. Have to keep that in mind. Retaining heat shields would be good, but perhaps not so important. We will see. I will let folks know when I find out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here are the only headers I've seen for the 3.3 I doubt they will fit the Intrepid. Custom headers go for about $100.0 to $125.00 per cylinder. An alternative is to find used exhaust manifolds and port and polish them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts