DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right i beat an altima about 96 or something like that with the power v6 that they supposedly have, well i rev up the motor and we hit it and i was ahead of him for a while and kicked his ass, not bad for a wrecked car i gotta say.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i dont know what year it was but it had a v6 the 3.5 i think thats the liters, i know it wasnt a 4 banger i dont pick on them, i would rather have a 4 banger right now with gas prices. I know nothing about altimas. i was guessing on the year.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Probably the easiest way of telling whether or not the Altima you raced was a newer one or an older one (besides the badging on the back) would be if it had the altezza tail lights. If it did it was a post 2002 Altima that was available with a very nice 3.5 V6 that produced 240 hp. If it had regular red tail lights it was a 150-155 hp four banger. Now since the Altima weighs a couple hundred pounds less then the Intrepid and has 26 more hp then a stock 3.5 1g Intrepid and 79 more hp then a 3.3 intrepid that really was a good kill in my book.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it had the altezza lights, i have quite a bit of stuff done to my car real dual exhaust k&n airfilter on the spectre intake, bosch platinum +4 plugs 8mm wires and sadly enough one of those electric turbos you can get off ebay. but 240, i beat a guy that probably didnt know what he was doing. so my driving skills probably are better than his.

·
Registered
891 Posts
You can beat a car that has you out gunned if you catch the other driver off guard or they don’t know how to drive it. The Altima is available with a manual transmission, so there are probably a lot of people who get that option but don’t know how to get the power out of it when they’re in control of the shift points.
Now you have something that I’m curious about. Have you ever had your trep in a dyno? And if you did, did you try it with and without the electronic supercharger? We see them all the time on EBay, and although from what I’ve read I personally take the performance enhancement numbers I’ve seen with a grain of salt, but I was wondering what your take was on the electronic supercharger?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the electric supercharger actually does help out not alot but they run at 2psi so i dont know what horsepower gain you can get from that and i have never put my car on a dyno i want to but never have the money, there are 2 places in my area that have dynos and they want $80 for 2 pulls.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There is absolutely no way in hell that you beat a low six second car (0-60) in your electronically supercharged 3.3 Trep. He probably wasn't even racing. I'd even put money on a regular 2.5 liter inline-4 Altima (0-60 in 8.6 seconds) over the 3.3 liter anyday. Like I said, he probably wasn't even racing.

And how did it go from a 96 or something Altima to a late model Altima?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
94intrepid86 said:
the electric supercharger actually does help out not alot but they run at 2psi so i dont know what horsepower gain you can get from that and i have never put my car on a dyno i want to but never have the money, there are 2 places in my area that have dynos and they want $80 for 2 pulls.
:bsflag: If all you got is new sparkplugs a muffler and an air intake whose minimal power increase gets neutralized by your hairblower restriction, then you got nothing performance wise or additional horsepower. Do you put gas too ?? That will thake your power through the roof. Give up racing , and get ricing !!

·
Registered
379 Posts
There is absolutely no way in hell that you beat a low six second car (0-60) in your electronically supercharged 3.3 Trep. He probably wasn't even racing. I'd even put money on a regular 2.5 liter inline-4 Altima (0-60 in 8.6 seconds) over the 3.3 liter anyday. Like I said, he probably wasn't even racing.

And how did it go from a 96 or something Altima to a late model Altima?
I agree with SMC1377.
As for your electric hairdryer - I meant supercharger, I probably removes 5HP from your car. The other mods you've listed add about 5HP at the front wheels.
Sounds like you beat a low 17 second, mid-90s automatic Altima.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don’t know how many CFM the Intrepid sucks down its intake when you have the throttle wide open and the engine redlined, but the biggest question I’ve got is whether or not the electronic supercharger could meet and exceed that demand for air to create the 2 lbs of pressure. I’ve got my skepticism about the performance enhancements of the electronic superchargers, but all I’ve seen so far has been speculation that it couldn’t work and that it would rob power, but I’ve never seen any reliable dyno figures either way. But I guess I shouldn’t be “thinking out loud” about that in the street stories section…

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as i said above though i dont have just a muffler i have dual exhaust the third cat was cut off and i went from the pipes there with dual exhaust. i run it with 92 octane, anything less it idles funny.

·
Registered
38 Posts
94intrepid86 said:
as i said above though i dont have just a muffler i have dual exhaust the third cat was cut off and i went from the pipes there with dual exhaust. i run it with 92 octane, anything less it idles funny.
what third cat????????????? The trep has 1 cat, 1 sonic resonator and 1 muffler. Your driving a trep, you think guys driving civics and altimas and all that **** even give you a second look? They see your car and either laugh because you want to race or punch it for a sec to get you high. Dumbass

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey there could be truth to this story iguy i work with has a 96 maxima with exhaust and intake and we raced. and i beat him with my second gen trep with a 2.7 it wasnt a huge kill but i was pulling away... barley.

·
Registered
891 Posts
A 96 Maxima is actually a good match for the 2.7 Intrepid. The 96 Maxima had a 3 liter V6 that put out 190 hp (stock). But like I said before, you can beat someone with an inferior car if they don’t know how to drive. As a side note, people in Civics and Altimas will laugh until you blow their doors off with the Intrepid. The only Altimas and Civics that have comparable power to weight ratios to the Intrepid (don’t just look at hp, but also torque and the hp and torque curve) are the top of the line ones like the 3.5 Altima and the sportier Civics like the SI.

·
Registered
467 Posts
"electric supercharger" wtf...

don't tell me you're talking about those things on ebay that are a fan you put on the intake...

[shakes head in disgust]

·
Registered
152 Posts
rofl. Yeah, attach a dustbuster to your intake and call it an 'electric' turbo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts