DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 1st gen today.. fairly tidy car advertised for $3900... it's a '95ES advertised with a 3.5, however everything i've read says these cars have a 3.3. So which is it? And are they a good car? it seems like a reasonable price, if on the high side.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The LH series came with either the 3.3L or 3.5L. $3900 is a little on the high side for a 9 year old car unless it has very low mileage. Like all cars, the LH series has its weak and strong points. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
182 Posts
the one im buying is a 94 3.3l for 2700$CAD with 160000kms on it. if that helps...oh and its in mint condition, well i don't know about the paint since its winter here i can't tell right now...

·
Registered
149 Posts
On the first gens I determine the engine usually by one of two methods:

1.) check for black horizontal 3.5L 24 VALVE badge on front doors behind wheel wells

2.) (the better way to tell) 3.3L has 1 tailpipe whereas the 3.5 has two

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Quote:

1.) check for black horizontal 3.5L 24 VALVE badge on front doors behind wheel wells

Neither method is foolproof for all these can be added and made to look original. best way is to check vin.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I have yet to be proved wrong when going by the exhaust as long as its stock. Basically, a single rear pipe is a 3.3 and a rear visible resonator (muffler) that has dual outlets.

But any model can have either the 3.3 or 3.5. I've seen some super base model cars with 15 inch hubcaps and all with a 3.5.

Hmm... those cars must haul ass...3300lbs and 214hp...hmm....

·
Registered
149 Posts
timdawg said:
Quote:

Neither method is foolproof for all these can be added and made to look original. best way is to check vin.
I find it really easy to check the VIN in traffic and in parking lots... :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts