DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that some base Intrepids have the 3.5 engines but I thought that the 3.3 is the only engine avalable in the base? I've looked at one there is no ES badgeing, cloth seats, standard trans (no AutoStick) and wheel covers. if anybody knows why this is I would like to know. thanks

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
In 2002 the ES came standard with a de-tuned 3.5L engine. The 3.3L went away leaving the SE with the 2.7L, ES 3.5L and SXT 3.5L HO...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
95trep3.3 said:
I have noticed that some base Intrepids have the 3.5 engines but I thought that the 3.3 is the only engine avalable in the base? I've looked at one there is no ES badgeing, cloth seats, standard trans (no AutoStick) and wheel covers. if anybody knows why this is I would like to know. thanks
Dunno really... Chrysler did offer the 3.5L engine option on 93-97 base models as far as I can tell, including on my 97 base and many others here too. Starting with 2nd gens in 98, the base/SE models never had an upscale engine option that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have one of the base models with the 3.5, also. I don't quite know why this is, but then again, why not? Just because a car is (relatively) sparsely equipped, why shouldn't it have more power?

As for the Autostick, I'm guessing that about 5% of first-gen Intrepids have that option, as it didn't come out until '97, and even then, was probably still a rare option.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hecubus said:
As for the Autostick, I'm guessing that about 5% of first-gen Intrepids have that option, as it didn't come out until '97, and even then, was probably still a rare option.
Yep, not many 1st gen Intrepids got A/S. Was an option on some '96 and '97 Intrepid ES models and also came with the "Sport" package available in '97. Was standard on the Vision TSi for '96 and '97 though if I remember correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts