DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im trying to find ways to squeeze more power out of my 3.3l 1993 intrepid. i cant seem to find any suggestions that don't involve the exhaust. is that the only mod people do or are there more? im trying to work on a high school
part time job budget so anything like a complete engine rebuild is out.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum! First of all these suggestion are based on the assumption that your car is in good working order.

1. Remove the silencer in the intake. Search the forum on how to do this.

2. Install a 180 degree thermostat. Allows for cooler denser air to get into the engine.

3. K&N air filter P/N 33-2066-1 $43.19 was the best price I found online.

4. Ported Throttle Body Maxbore.com throttle body boring service and repair will port your T/B for $125.00

At this point the most cost effective way to improve performance is to improve the exhaust system. A less restrictive muffler and catalytic converter. Beyond that is where we're talking money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the car is in good working order, and thanks for the welcome! ill look into these later in the week when i get paid. i plan on doing the exhaust around Christmas as a gift for myself. but has anyone on the forum done the 180 degree thermostat? about how much will that cost?

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you want to go further with mods for the 3.3 search this forum for posts by Chewievette and EagleESI. They've done just about anything you can imagine to the 3.3. They even tracked down parts from the Can AM Shelby version of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts