DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a tremendous amount of email and private messages about my intake, so I compiled everything I know along with pictures of it here so I don't have to rewrite emails over and over.

http://www.imbermedia.net/ATFCharger/intake1.jpg
http://www.imbermedia.net/ATFCharger/intake2.jpg
http://www.imbermedia.net/ATFCharger/intake3.jpg

Vendor: Injen, APC, AEM, Nakayama
Cost: Anywhere from $80 - $125
Fits: 93-95 Honda Civic

Purchase
I did not originally buy this. I bought it from a former member who totalled his Intrepid. I paid him $70 for it, he got it from a local speedshop in Madison, WI.

From what I hear on the boards, some people have found these at AutoZone or Pep Boys auto stores.

Fitting to the 3.3
You must switch the filter and coupling ends around on the pipe to get it to fit where the old intake was. There isn't anything else you need to buy, unless for some reason you need a few hose clamps, but I didn't need any.

Performance
I noticed only slight acceleration improvement and gas mileage; maybe 1 - 2 MPG. It does, however, sound very different from a stock airbox and under throttle it sounds good. There is no resonance of any kind, but you will notice a Blow-Off Valve-type sound from the pipe when you're holding about 1800 - 1900 RPM. It's caused by the position of the throttle plate in relation to the incoming air.

Negatives
It'd be nice if it boosted performance a little more. However, I don't regret shelling out $70 even for a used one. I'm very happy with it.

Here's a pic of it in the car:

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: ATFCharger ]

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's tight man! Looks clean! Good job figurin' that it would work! I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of 3.3L guys that are interested!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Yes it does look nice. I would be interested if I hadn't built my own already. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
nothing for a 3.5 liter? :( :( :( or would something fit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ya im definately interested. i know they have those at my pep boys but what exactly do i have to buy seperate to make it all fit? :D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by austin:
nothing for a 3.5 liter? :( :( :( or would something fit?
Take a look at Corey's intake (94IntrepidES).

·
Registered
20 Posts
correct me if wrong but the civic generation goes from 92-95 thats like the 5th generation i think. unless the engine changed in the generation or something but it must be 92-95. apc is a pretty shitty brand but the others are aight. its prolly alot cheaper though. and what else do u gotta buy to make this **** fit? thanks guys. :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by treppin96:
and what else do u gotta buy to make this **** fit?
You must switch the filter and coupling ends around on the pipe to get it to fit where the old intake was.

It doesn't get any more clear than that. Sigh..

·
Registered
20 Posts
oh my fault i thought u were talkin bout somethin else to buy to make it fit. i guess that does seem a little unlogical though since there isnt even an intake made for our car. bare with me here buddy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice!!

Looks nice man, im in the middle of looking for one now,
Have u heard of any other intakes like that would work?

·
Registered
196 Posts
apc does make one and the 95 to 98 should also fit i checked them out at advance auto parts before i built my own and they had the in stock for the civic and they were only 70 dollars brand new

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
thump186 said:
apc does make one and the 95 to 98 should also fit i checked them out at advance auto parts before i built my own and they had the in stock for the civic and they were only 70 dollars brand new
That's the same place I saw it at too. Same price and all with a choice of filter colors. :p

·
Registered
468 Posts
they sell the intake at autozone for 20$ and the tube for 40$ at autozone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts