DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier in the day my friend was showing me his dad's new Ford F-350. The same day I just happen to roll up next to him at a set of downtown stoplights. The truck is so high that he didn't notice my 1997 3.5L Intrepid sneak up right under his noise... so the light changes and i ease onto the gas just enought to get moving and then take off... totally smoking him and generating a little tire squaking. We pull over and he was upset.. i caught him offguard in his 6.8L V10... and yes i declined the rematch. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Even if he was ready for you, I'm sure you would have gotten him. What's a new F-350 weigh....probably 6,000 lbs or so at least. He would not even feel a 3500 lb intrepid if he towed you though. I like messing with trucks and SUV's because most of their drivers use the size to intimidate people in cars.:mad:

·
Registered
121 Posts
It ain't fun if you don't win!:(
It's a humiliation, i tell ya!:bigsmile:

J/K
It is fun, but it's a lot more fun if we win:alien:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouragement, i really do love this car and the feel it has.. i've never enjoyed tinker toys or really big trucks. I also enjoy laughing at comercials for 130hp toyota corolas.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i lost to my buddys stock f-350...that suckers got more torque than an F-15 fighter plane...(black 7 liter diesel v-8, theres a pic of it in the 1st gen member pics section) crew cab, sitting about as high as the old International loadstar single axle dumper i used to drive for work...anyways, we were rolling along at about 30 mph, when he decides to pull ahead...i punch the gas and try to pass, he sees me and does the same...i got blinded by massive amounts of unburnt diesel spewing from his tailpipe, i didnt have a chance...

what burns my ass the most is that we get similar gas mileage....

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey Valhalla....."mad props" for the Maiden quote. I'm a fan from way back, and still listen regularly. Not a fan of the new stuff much after 1988. There's just something they have that can't be described or duplicated. Take it easy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah but I wonder how that diesel F350 would do on a 0-100 acceleration run -- or better yet -- 0-100-0.

:)

-- Marcus
Merritt Island, Florida

1 - 8 of 8 Posts