DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
DCellBatteries said:
Come the end of March, i might probably/possibly have a upper/lower intake and a complete set of heads for sale if anyone is intrested. I am porting/polsihing/shaving/5-angle valve job my spare set then putting them on, and i'll have the spare set if anyone is intrested, make an offer. :D :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
what year trep you got? (makes a difference, 93-94 had higher compression heads than 95-97)

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry forgot bout them parts, '96 3.5

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
hmmmm

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
how much would you charge to port/polish them before selling them?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idunno, i wanted to sell them for like $200 or so without any work done, how bout if i do a god job on my port and i notice a big diff, i'l due them to the 2nd set also and maybe ask around $300, cuz that is a lot of labor, but i'l see how long it take total

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: swartlkk ]

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have one question...

Is the compression difference in the heads or in the pistons? I don't know a whole lot about these engines, but I do know that you can change the compression ratio in a 350 simply by swapping out for a different dome configuration on the pistons or by different combustion chamber designs (ie. bigger cc for lower compression). I am just wondering which they did to lower the compression on these engines.

Oh yeah, why exactly are you getting rid of this set? Generally speaking, you would just do the work on the set of heads & intake that you have. I can understand having a separate set so that there is no lag time between disassembly, port/polish, and reassembly... I guess what I am trying to say is what condition are these heads in. How many miles are on the engine?

I don't mean to be a dick, but these are all good questions to ask before dropping $200+ on heads that after careful inspection may be worthless.

Questions that should be answered are:
How many miles do these heads have on them?
Are the valve seats replaceable?
Is there any wear in the valve guides and are they replaceable?
What condition are the valve seats in?
Are they cracked?
How do the valve stems look?

Ofcourse you can not answer some of them until you get the heads that you are selling off of the engine but they are still good questions. However, the first 3 can be answered by simply looking at your odometer and the second set of heads that you currently have.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I think the compression changes were in tweeks with the heads. they could put a larger area there above the piston, and that would let it be less comressed (bad sentence), as I think they use the same pistons/connecting rods/Crank for all 3.5's before '97

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many miles do these heads have on them? - 96,600
Are the valve seats replaceable? dunno, haven't gotten them off yet but i would think so
Is there any wear in the valve guides and are they replaceable? i dunno haven't gotten of yet
What condition are the valve seats in? idunno
Are they cracked? i don't beleive so
How do the valve stems look? dunno tel ya in a few weeks

i know that didn't heal much but $200 is still a good price, they the cheapest i found them for online was around $200 per head and that wasn't including cam, etc

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
So did the porting help at all? or are still working on that?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still working on that, i won't have it on teh car til the end of march probably.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts