DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a cheap filter fitted to the throttle body improve mpg's? I like this car just hate the gas mileage. 18-24 mpg avg the gas gauge dosen't work and I ran out of gas at 260 miles on a road trip. Any cheap or simple ways to improve gas mileage ? I try not to stomp on it and avoid red lights as much as possible. Tires are fairly new and properly inflated. Car is a 93 Eagle Vision TSI with the 3.5. I got the car from my aunt and it has been very well maintained. Has just over 160,000 miles. Tranny shifts kinda hard in reverse like it bucks sometimes. I just wanna drive this car as long as possible. Another question will a radio and 6 disc changer out of a Dodge Neon Expresso hook up to my factory plugs in my Eagle?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Honestly your gas mileage is just about right but some new champion copper plugs and new air filter would be good for a start.

One thing that will help a little would be to remove the air silencer that is inside the corrugated tube going to the filter box.

The air silencer basically takes a 3 inch intake and reduces it down to about an 1 1/2 which does nothing to help the engine breath.

Two things come to mind as far as your gas gauge goes one is a bad float on the fuel pump and the other is a bad motor in the cluster.

Not sure on the radio sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts