DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my spark plugs and noticed oil on both sides of the engine where the middle spark plugs are located. Is this a relatively easy fix or am I going to have to wait for warmer weather? Any thoughts would be great. I'm guessing the intake has to come off at the least.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,539 Posts
Leaky spark plug tubes, requires removal of the valve covers, upper plenum, and upper engine harness, which can be pushed to the side, then remove and reseal the tubes at the bottom (slight coat of RTV will do the trick), and replace the valve cover and upper spark plug tube gaskets.

Only reseal the tubes that are leaking. This is one of the few instances where you dont want to do them all, "while your there".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll wait for warmer weather to do it then. I figured it was something like that, although I never see it leaking onto the driveway. I originally thought it was burning it.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,539 Posts
NP. They dont leak very fast, it can take months just to get a small amount of oil in the tube. They seep more than leak. You'll likely never see it leaking unless you remove the coils.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts