DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deciding on doing a swap out of the 2.7 still. I was wondering if I purchased a 3.2 intrepid engine and wiring harness (nothing else intact) could I use the accessories from a 3.5 concorde (alternator, power steering pump, starter and air conditioning compressor) Also, are the 3.5 cables, hoses, air box, power steering parts, radiator, oil cooler lines all the same as the 3.2 stuff?

I have also heard that you do not need different motor mounts. Is this true?
What about the 2.7 cats working with the 3.2 engine?

I'm surprised no one has posted a detailed list of every single part needed including part numbers for this swap. It would surely benifit alot of people.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,444 Posts
The parts concerning a 3.2 and 3.5 swap are exactly the same. You do not need different motor mounts, the 2.7 rubber motor mounts will work, as long as you have the 3.2/3.5 motor mount to block brackets. The 2.7 exhaust pipes will work also, but the passenger side pipe has to be cut and shortened about 2 1/2 inches. There is a list here, check out the sticky "parts needed for 3.2/3.5 swap" in the second gen section. It is toward the back, around the 70th post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.