DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

3.5L engine parts NEW

519 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  peva 
#1 ·
I have 2 sets of stock bore pistons with rings in boxes if anyone is looking for a set along with some other things. I jumped the gun and got pistons before I found out my cylinders were distorted and needed to be bored to clean them up.

- Mahle cast aluminum, stock flat top style, coated skirt, std bore with matching moly ring set $100.00 fts 2nd gen engines 99-04

- Mahle Hypereutectic, .050" dome, coated skirt std bore with matching moly ring set
$100.00 1st and 2nd gen

Graphite Cylinder Head Gaskets for 99-02 3.5L & 98-01 3.2L

(picture of one)

* Currently these are the only pics I have of these items as my camera screen broke and I still have not purchased one, but I will be adding more stuff when I make the decision on which camera to invest in *

See less See more
#4 ·
Cant beat the price on any of it!

I have some other parts laying around like a complete engine gasket set, new valves and new engine bearings if needed.

I am also open to trades.

#8 ·
Yes, it would increase compression. No, it would not eliminate the risk of timing belt failure. If anything, it would guarantee destroying the heads if the timing belt broke. Since the piston's dome will plunge deeper into the combustion chamber.

#10 ·
That's what I was wondering Bill. They sure look deep and I was wondering IF they are deep enough to eliminate that issue. When originally designed the LH 3.5 was to come OEM with piston/valve relief cuts, but they were not used in production for some reason. (Some say it was a MPG thing??)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.