DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, after almost 3 weeks without my baby, we got 457.3 miles on one tank of regular gas...........how frikkin cool is that?????? :biggrin:

·
Registered
781 Posts
i once got 400 even on a trip through new hampshire, probably would've been more if we didn't go up and down the mountains

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a new PCM, Coil pack and Tranny Flush.

Normally run down to the last black line too, a little too chicken to go any lower with the baby boy in the car!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
About 400 miles is what I get on a tank of regular with my 3.5.
24-25 MPG with 60% highway,25 % countryside roads, and 15% city.

I have a flowmaster exhaust and a K&N cone air filter.I´m waiting for the throttle body spacers to arrive and hope to get another MPG or so....

Benny

·
Registered
638 Posts
93greenES said:
how the hell do you guys get more than 300??? with my 3.3 im getting 300-315 miles on my tank.
It depends a lot on how you drive. I do about 70% city driving so the best I can get on my 3.3 is 22-24mpg. If you feel your mileage is unusually low check for codes (O2 and EGR especially), replace your plugs and wires if they're getting old, and check for proper tire inflation.

03SXTgangsta, you get 300mpg? Damn, I gotta get me a SXT. :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
OK, then something must be VERY wrong with my car. AT BEST, I get about 330 miles to a tank! I'm about 60% city, 40% highway.

It is going back in the shop again this week for some MORE warranty work. Anything in particular I should have them look for?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Gas mileage is mostly a matter of driving habits. My 3.3L averaged 23.5 (360 miles/tank = 8 working days) over two years. The 3.5L in my R/T is ruinning about 22 - IF I leave the autostick alone. But I think it's going to settle in at about 20MPG (320miles/tank = 7 days) for my commute (80% highway). I haven't had it on a road trip, yet.

But I use WOT a lot :biggrin:

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
If you add in city miles in there, or a lot of entrance ramps to your highway miles, you will notice a big drop. I've posted on here before my OTIS reading of 460 DTE (Distance Til Empty) and that doesn't account for the first gallon (you can drive about 30-35 miles before the DTE starts to count down) and the last two gallons still left in the tank when it reads 0 DTE. I can usually go 450 miles or so before refueling on straight highway if I just set the cruise control and let it do its thing.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
There's either something wrong with my meter or the engine hasn't broken in yet.

I have a feather foot, although I do a few brief WOT in 2nd gear (about 50 mph) because that's what's recommended by the manual as a good break in practice.

My needle is showing about 5/8 of a tank and I've only driven 100 miles so far. But by car only has 1600 miles on it so maybe that's why?

I think there's another thread a while ago where another member complained his needle dropping too fast at first but then slows down to give a more accurate reading?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
2G 3.5L engines get worse gas mileage than 1G 3.5L engines.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My'96 3.3 has consistently returned an average of 26 with about 70/30 highway/city driving. Of course I drive like grandma. My '01 3.2 is pretty close to the same. The one all highway trip I've had with it so far got me 32 at 65-70.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I only get about 20MPG :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts