DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Was looking around on the net, and ran across this 3" intake tubing with angles molded in,made of "high grade X-link polyethylene", (must be the good stuff). Measure and saw to length needed for the do-it-your selfers. $140 bucks isn't cheap, and then add in the cone air filter, it adds up. Might look better than some home-made tubing jobs. I wonder if it would fit to the stock air box with the correct sized coupler? Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads up for this product if it hasn't been brought up before. This 3" tubing would fit to the stock 3.5L rubber elbow, that clamps to the throttle body?
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/77A7222A3839336.aspx

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Coming off the factory airbox lid is 2.5 inch. I hacked up my K&N intake to line up with my factory airbox, using a 3inch plumbing coupler and just had to make sure it was really clamped down on the lid side

·
Woober Goobers!
49,874 Posts
Looking at the pictures and description...that appears to be a full kit with filter, brackets, tubing, etc. Here's the 2nd picture in the set that appears to show all of what's included for $142.95:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I made a BHAF kit for my truck and intend to do the same. I spent $50 on the plumbing, $50 for my huge filter, and about $20 for my outerwears filter cover. I intend to do the same thing for the intrepid.

Parts were from frozenboost .com

I cant post links yet, not enough posts :smileyvault-newhere

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone have any experience with using the Caddy 4.6 Northstar elbow? I was wondering about our IAT Sensor. I'm not sure if GM had a sensor in their rubber elbow that's clamped to the T.B. Drilling a hole through the rubber the correct size should be easy for the IAT Sensor, but how is it held in the elbow securely?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts