DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the forum that tells you how to fix the rear doors to fit. My question is, I have to cut the rod that opens the door. How should I cut/bend the rod. Is there an easier way than other ways to do this. Also any advice on doing this project would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I marked the new bend point in the rod and then put it in a vice to get a nice 90 degree bend, but precision isn't all that necesary. It's easy enough to do with pliers.

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I pal. On undertaking this task, tomorrow. As well as wiring my led key, and adding Courtney lights too. It's going to be a lot of fun lol. Ill post pictures and all that good stuff once completed :3

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Well I pal. On undertaking this task, tomorrow. As well as wiring my led key, and adding Courtney lights too. It's going to be a lot of fun lol. Ill post pictures and all that good stuff once completed :3
Turn auto-correct off! :)

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So guys, I need some advice on doing these door, it's alot harder than it seems. Maybe someone lives near by and wants to give me hand.

·
Registered
738 Posts
It's pretty straight forward, cut that hard plastic bit off the rear facing side of the door panel, peal back the leather on the 300 door panel, carefully. match up the intrepid peice with the 300, mark and cut. Then using a solder iron, you fuse the plastics together.

I suggest keeping strips of plastic around that you can melt like goop to fill any holes, and create more surface.

Really, it's more of a craft than a procedure. You will have screw ups, and frankly I never seen a set that looked 100% factory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts