DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi had to work this weekend 8 hours Sat 9 hours today :( . Try to finish another dam school in MN. On the way home at a stop light a black 300M pulls up next to me in the left lane. I am tired not pay much attention. The light turns green and the 300M floors it gets a 1 and half car length jump on me. Screw it I floored it by 35mph I catch him by 50mph. I am 1/2 car length a head. By 80mph 7 car lengths. I am sorry but I hate stuck up old drivers in 300Ms. Most 300M drivers I have talked to hate the fact R/Ts are faster. I love these new tires Potenz Re 730 225/45zr17. Got them last friday night. They are great the steering is much lighter and sharper and handling is better to. The R/T gets off the line much better to. bboucher I didnt get to the track had to work and it rained. Next week for sure. Told the boss next week no work.

·
Registered
336 Posts
good kill! Make sure you let us know as soon as you get to the track! I wish a 300M would show up at the drag strip, but I never see any other LH cars, 1st or 2nd gen, racing. I'm the only one I've ever seen and I've pretty much gone once a month, every month for the last year!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
how come the 300m makes more hp and torque and anyone that's driven both says the m is faster? i've never driven an r/t but i guarantee that the m is fast as **** because i let it all out when i drove one and it was one hell of a ride.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
what is the difference in 1/4 or 1/8 times?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Man...if I could have pnied up the dough, I would hav bought a 300M. Now I'll just wait until '04 when the 5.7L's come out. :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hope they put those in the intrepid r/t.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SPOOK R/T here the 2000 300M and the 2000 R/T have the same part number for the high speed computer, no speed governer. Last June at MOPARS IN THE PARK . Which I got 2nd place in a glass of 24 other cars. I talked to a Chrysler Engineer and parts and techs at Rosville Chrysler. They all said if you burn 89 or higher. You have 253hp if you burn 87 you have 242hp this goes for both the R/T and 300M. He said the higher numbers are for the 300M buyers they pay more for there cars. And poorer drivers drive the R/Ts and might not want to pay more for the higher gas. My friend at Roseville Chrysler said, the got a used Chrysler R/T and it was faster than all the other sales man demo 300Ms. And the owner wouldnt let the sales man use it for demo. They sold it in less than 2 weeks. I drove a new 300M last year they are quick. But my R/T has all the mods 70mm tbi, KN, dual exhaust, smaller front tires, anti foam in the trany, all the baffles removed in the airintake box, and plugs.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
still, if that m jockey stomped it and you didn't even punch it until you were at 30, that's quite a gap to make up, no matter how modded out your car is.

if this guy was actually racing you, then it's a pretty sweet kill.

what does that tranny antifoam do for your car?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
97 Sport platinum and Warlord Anti-foaming is agent Mopar sells for auto trans. Chrysler auto trans have a lot of foaming inside to give very smooth shifting. But it hurts performance,big time lag between shifts. Anti-foaming does just that stops most to the foaming. Mopar part number 4549637 in 1 oz bottles,$3.05 a bottle.It is sold at most Dodge or Chrysler dealers. I have used it in 1999 Dakota and my R/T it really helps. I but in 2 bottles it takes about a week to work real good. I can be going 40mph on a Hwy ramp and floor it and it well spin the front tires for a car length or so. A lot of the dodge trucks use this and have had very good luck. I have yet to talk to some one who has used it. That didnt like it. 97 sport the 300M only had a car length so lead from the stop light. He was race I could hear the 3.5 sceaming. He had floored no doubt.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Warlord its been in my trany for 6,000 miles, and over 20,000 in the dakota.No problems. It is sold by dealers I have never heard it voiding a warranty. Or any body having any tranny problems.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
From the articles I read the R/T has a 0.1 second FASTER 0-60 time. Don't ask me why. :) But I've never driven a 300M.
The R/T is faster because it is a little bit lighter.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
eek, that anti-foam stuff makes the car come alive. wow.
alrighty
later all

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
but the tranny sure is sluggish cold..... hmm.. might not be a good thing.....

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I don't think the foam is created in the places where wear can occur. (ie gears/clutches) the foaming goes on where most of the power it transfered, that is the torque converter, and that particular part on cars has to be very very tough. so I don't think the tranny is in trouble.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That would explain why my car seems to have more power some days then others. The dam foam buildup in the tranny. I haven't used it yet but I will. How long does the anti-foam last?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts