DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, on my way to my shop, my Intrepid (really it's my wife's vehicle) hit the 300,000 mile mark. Original 3.5 engine and original transmission, no rebuilds. The transmission runs great, shifts as smooth as the day it came off the line. The engine needs a little work, so I will be rebuilding it this summer. Yes, the airbag light is on, the clock spring is inop, and yes, the check engine light is on, but that's for an evap issue. We bought the car 9 years ago for 1K, and it had 120K miles on it. The person who drove it before us, beat the crap out of it and didn't maintain it, it was on it's last leg. Then I got ahold of it, and with a little TLC, I brought it back from the brink. It's gotten us through 3 blizzards and even saved our lives once. She's got a little rust issue which will be tended to, and the interior is pretty much shot and I recently just replaces all the suspension and steering components, and replaced the timing components along with the water pump. But her heart and soul are tough and still intact. Hoping to keep her on the road for another 300K.

Sorry the pic is a little blurry, it was still dark outside and my phone didn't want to focus.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Congrats on a high mileage milestone! That's especially great without rebuilds on either the Engine or Transmission!

And Semper Fi from a former Marine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts