DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of changing out the body harness to a 300m special, i have decided to do the antenna/rear defrost mod i will have the outside antenna closed off since i am getting it painted anyway. Does anyone on here know if the am stations work when using the resistor and connector box from the 2nd gen lh?

·
Premium Member
16,680 Posts
I'm way down on the learning curve on this mod, but I was under the impression that the rear glass of the Intrepid does not have the antenna part of the grid. Are you replacing the rear glass to get the antenna grid?

I'm not sure what you're asking here: "Does anyone on here know if the am stations work when using the resistor and connector box from the 2nd gen lh?" Are you asking if the box is necessary for am reception?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm way down on the learning curve on this mod, but I was under the impression that the rear glass of the Intrepid does not have the antenna part of the grid. Are you replacing the rear glass to get the antenna grid?

I'm not sure what you're asking here: "Does anyone on here know if the am stations work when using the resistor and connector box from the 2nd gen lh?" Are you asking if the box is necessary for am reception?
this post is about a mod that some have done using the defrost as a rear antenna I am looking to do this mod and trying to find out what others have done to get the AM antenna to work as well as the FM antenna

·
Premium Member
16,680 Posts
this post is about a mod that some have done using the defrost as a rear antenna I am looking to do this mod and trying to find out what others have done to get the AM antenna to work as well as the FM antenna
Ahh - OK. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know about using the defrost grid in the absence of the antenna grid on the Intrepid window. So I'll shut up now. LOL!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I listen to sports, weather and Traffic but the truth be known I want it to work for the simple fact that it is there and did work, I don't like cutting corners and I don't like eliminating one item only to gain equals on another. In the 300m and concorde they have a separate antenna in the window specifically for this so I may end up doing a hidden antenna mod under the roof liner for this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts