DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking for some help my 300M with 128,000 miles has the check engine light on. Seems to run fine but the light is always on. Had a friend read the codes and the following codes posted:
P-0172
P-0175
P-0441
P-0158
Can anyone help decifer these and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
did you check the engine? :)

seriously,i cant,but im shure dan(daytreaper) can read those.

·
Registered
917 Posts
codes

P0172 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1

P0175 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 2

P0158 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2

P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

there you go !!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
P0441 - likely cause?

P0172 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1

P0175 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 2

P0158 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2

P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

there you go !!!!!

My CEL has been off and on for 2 years, but in the last 3 months it started staying on consistently. Checking codes w/ manual method and scantool, it is P0441, and the diagnostics on the scantool show a pretty awful fuel trim. Along with this, my fuel economy has gone in the toilet, from 22-ish around town to 16-ish.

No changes in driving to explain it, so my feeling is that based on some research online, the evap canister is shot (seems odd for 88K miles though...). I have also read though that this code can mean a leak somewhere in the evap system, and needs to be diagnosed with a smoke test. Don't really want to take my car to the stealership without having more info. So, anyone have experience with this on a 300M (or another LH series car with a 3.5 HO V6)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
My CEL has been off and on for 2 years, but in the last 3 months it started staying on consistently. Checking codes w/ manual method and scantool, it is P0441, and the diagnostics on the scantool show a pretty awful fuel trim. Along with this, my fuel economy has gone in the toilet, from 22-ish around town to 16-ish.

No changes in driving to explain it, so my feeling is that based on some research online, the evap canister is shot (seems odd for 88K miles though...). I have also read though that this code can mean a leak somewhere in the evap system, and needs to be diagnosed with a smoke test. Don't really want to take my car to the stealership without having more info. So, anyone have experience with this on a 300M (or another LH series car with a 3.5 HO V6)?

Thanks!
Yeah, getcha some O2 sensors and a new gas cap. I'd be willing to bet all your problems go away after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.