DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
300m club official Canadian meet - Updated

Hey Guys,

I'm a regular over at the 300m club and am putting together a Canadian meet for members and owners alike. Several DI net members have mentioned including you guys in on it, so I'm passing the mention on.

I noted there is already an eastern Canada meet in progress, but this is closer to those coming from Windsor/London as well as GTA.

The plans are still in progress, but what I have so far is this:

- Date: August 3-5 2007 (weekend)
- Location K/W Guelph, Ontario
- Activities include:
- Drive in movie
- Day at the beach
- Car show

I'm in contact with A&W as a possible site for the car show as well as the local 5 star for some SRT8's.

The forms for signing up are now online, as well as location and event details. If you want to join in the fun visit the official site for more information.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to post the link to the site, but my lack of posts prevents me from doing so.

300m/dclabsnet/com - replace the "/" with dots.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the one!

Also, just looking at costs. I've set up a poll on the 300m site but I'll pose the question here as well.

For the meet, should we stay in a local hotel or should we camp it? Hotel is looking to be about $115 a nigh-ish. Could change depending on how many I get coming.

Let me know!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
There are cheaper places around here than $115. Not sure what the cost is exactly, never stayed anywhere around here myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked actually, according to expedia our options are limited, with most at or over the $100 mark! Must be because it's not a popular staying area, that or we're all too rich haha.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm in for sure. Probably drive up for the day as I live so close for the Car show. Hopefully there is a good turnout.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Avenger said:
There are cheaper places around here than $115. Not sure what the cost is exactly, never stayed anywhere around here myself.
Are there any Motel 6s around that area? When I stayed in Whitby last week, all the places I looked at were $130+ but the Motel 6 next door was $74 if booked online. It didn't have anything fancy, but it was nice for the huge price difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
theres a super 8 motel in the area, but the price isn't substantially cheaper, in the order of less than $1.

I'll be making a place on the sign-up where people can choose to drive up to the show n shine only, that or join us at the beach and then show.

It seems to have generated some interest, maybe we'll get a dozen cars or so.

·
Registered
537 Posts
So is this still going to happen??? If so how many people are coming so far?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
$102 for the comfort inn, I just checked.

DAMN, I can't believe how expensive motels are around here!!!

Found a much better priced one:
Knights Inn
$51 per night

Too bad the reviews aren't kind :(

Read another review........said it's been rennovated and much MUCH nicer than before.

Walper Terrace:
$85 per night

It's a restored heratige hotel located downtown

Howard Johnson:
$77 per night

Hampton Inn (BRAND SPANKIN NEW)
$109 per night (rates are confusing......this rate may not be available)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
[url="#" said:
Avenger[/url]]$102 for the comfort inn, I just checked.

DAMN, I can't believe how expensive motels are around here!!!

Found a much better priced one:
Knights Inn
$51 per night

Too bad the reviews aren't kind :(

Read another review........said it's been rennovated and much MUCH nicer than before.

Walper Terrace:
$85 per night

It's a restored heratige hotel located downtown

Howard Johnson:
$77 per night

Hampton Inn (BRAND SPANKIN NEW)
$109 per night (rates are confusing......this rate may not be available)
Just so you know Knights Inn is a bargain basemement chain. I would actually rate them below Motel6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick update. You can now sign up for the event. Be sure to check out the website (see first post) to sign up.

Also, the local 5 star dealership has offered a couple 300C's and Chargers as well as the possibility of an SRT8 for the show and shine on Saturday. The show and shine will be at the A&W Restaurant on woodlawn road. All the into is there on the site. So far I have 2 officially signed up with at least another 5 or 6 more owners showing interest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Guelph , ontario ;)

- Activities include:
- Drive in movie
- Day at the beach
- Car show

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
RAK_02 said:
Guelph , ontario ;)

- Activities include:
- Drive in movie
- Day at the beach
- Car show
Aww man!

That's not "Eastern"!

That's Central.

Oh well......

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Great White said:
Aww man!

That's not "Eastern"!

That's Central.

Oh well......
I hardly call Southern Ontario "Central"........it's more Eastern than Central. If I had to pick the shorter drive between Halifax and Vancouver.......I'd take Halifax FOR SURE :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts