DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 300M cluster and no ABS so my brake light and abs lights come on. Obviously I don't care about taping over the abs light becuase I don't have it, but it concerns me that my regular brake light wouldn't work.

I read this thread and saw that there is a way to wire it up to work with your own LED, but my question about this is does it light up for all the same problems that the stock brake light would light up for?
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59959&highlight=300M+cluster+brake

I ended up not getting rid of my stock cluster, so what I'm contemplating doing is ripping out the circuit board for that cluster and wiring the circuits that would run the brake light to the led in the M cluster so it would work just like normal and mount the extra stuff under the dash. If I were to do this which wires going into the cluster would I need to also splice the additional stock cluster into and are there any other obstacles to this working?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your better off getting a concorde cluster that has no abs and will be a direct fit to your car

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Check the threads, there is a recent one that spells out how the dealer can reprogram the cluster to NOT want to see the ABS, so it should work fine.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look of the M cluster, and its been a while but I didn't think the corde one was the same. I did one search but I'll look some more for that thread your talking about tfc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts