DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the thread and just had a quick question. I searched the forums for this, only a few minutes though, with no result. I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE and I was 'wanting' to install the Chrysler 300M Series Cluster into my car but not sure if it will fit. If not, off to speedhut I guess. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. The Dodge dealership here can get the whole cluster for like $700.00 and I just need the gauge covering right? Well, no junk yards within 50 miles can even get this for me. Any ideas? Maybe I'll check E-Bay real quick and check back here.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ebay has them..also check the buy/sell/trade forum

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Don't be stupid and pay $700........yeesh. I got my 300M Special cluster (much more expensive than a regular 300M cluster) from a local DI.net member (TorontoFireCaptain) for less than $200 US. You SHOULD be able to get a regular 300M cluster for $100 US or so.

·
Registered
931 Posts
if you pay $700 for a cluster they should take your car away from you lol j/k
1. you will have an ABS/BRAKE light
2. chances are you will have an airbag light
3. you dont have autostick.

ive seen them on ebay for as low as $50 sometimes. then all you have to do is change out the readout and the cover from your regular cluster and your golden. if you need help let me know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7975306588&category=33675&sspagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7976273267&category=33675&sspagename=WDVW

·
Registered
207 Posts
What shows up in the Autostick screen if you put this on a 2.7. If i have just a regular trans (no auto-stick). I could care less about the the abs light/ airbag light. I'll just remove the bulbs. Will the auto-stick screen show p,r,n,d,123 or what? I always liked the 300m speedo cluster.

To bad i don't have 700 bucks for a Intrepid Police Speedo.

·
Registered
931 Posts
they arent bulbs you can pull, they are leds. you can cut them if you want. but if your air bag light is on its almost certain the airbags wont deploy.

if you leave the autostick readout, everything works fine, it just wont display the correct gear. I believe it will display 3 instead of D when in drive

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
YEP, I've seen a member with an autostick cluster in a non-autostick car........shows "3" when in "D". You need an autostick enabled computer.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Avenger said:
YEP, I've seen a member with an autostick cluster in a non-autostick car........shows "3" when in "D". You need an autostick enabled computer.
u need an autostick TCM and the correct wiring going to it. not a tough mod ive done it myself with the help of people here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Avenger said:
Don't be stupid and pay $700........yeesh. I got my 300M Special cluster (much more expensive than a regular 300M cluster) from a local DI.net member (TorontoFireCaptain) for less than $200 US. You SHOULD be able to get a regular 300M cluster for $100 US or so.
I would never pay that for it. Your right, that is just retarted. When the time comes around I will see if someone on here has one for sell or on ebay. Not too sure if I want one or not. Quick question. I read somewhere on here or on dodgetalk.com that if you install the 300M Cluster on my Intrepid (02 SE) that the gear shift indicator will not work anymore? True? I also read that the Airbag light will come on. Any other info on this would be appreciated. Don't want any lights coming on or any features that I already have to be lost just on the count of a new cluster. Even though it is sweet!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let me get this straight... if I put a 300M cluster in my '02 SE, I know my airbag light will probably come on, which I can cover up. Does this also mean the airbags will not deploy in a crash? If so, is there any "proper" way to do this mod so that the airbags would still work?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks! Another question: is there any difference between an '02 300M cluster and a '99? What is the range of years that would work fine in my '02 SE?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts