DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know that the rear M panels don't fit without modifying them, and that you have to bond the bottom part of the intrepid door panel and then rewrap the vinyl over it. I've been searching and I can't find any threads that describe doing this. I just want to make sure that I'm doing things the best way and if anyone has any tips I'd apprieciate it.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally sucked it up and spent a few bucks on a dremel. I don't know how I ever survived without one. I'll be using that to do the door panels this weekend. I put in the rear leather seats and oh they look sharp. I can't wait to pick up the fronts later this summer. Now that I actually can do it it's time to bust out my old center console project too. I have almost all the parts sitting in my room still.

I must say, I missed working on my car. I can't beleive that I survived this long without modding. I am definatelty addicted again.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
I finally sucked it up and spent a few bucks on a dremel. I don't know how I ever survived without one. I'll be using that to do the door panels this weekend. I put in the rear leather seats and oh they look sharp. I can't wait to pick up the fronts later this summer. Now that I actually can do it it's time to bust out my old center console project too. I have almost all the parts sitting in my room still.

I must say, I missed working on my car. I can't beleive that I survived this long without modding. I am definatelty addicted again.
I agree with the dremel has to be one of the best tools that I own! Glad to hear that you got the seats installed and are about to get the door panels in. I am really interested to see the door panels installed and to hear about an things to look out far as I plan on putting some door panels in within a couple of months.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:

If you email me. I'll send you the instruction sheet on the rear door panel modification. BTW it is the TOP part that you need to cut not the bottom.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Ross I figured out what needs to be cut, I wrote that first post a while ago. I'll shoot you an email here in a minute.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got half way done before I got side tracked. The vinyl is pealed, the intrepid door panels are cut so now its time to cut the m panels and attach the intrepid piece. I also have 4 cans of insulating foam ready to go. Its good stuff, makes an airtight seal. I started off experimenting with it to seal the gaps around the front speakers and it worked out great.

The only problem is that now I have no door panels in my car, so tomorrow I will be going to work without them. This has to be the most ghetto my car has ever looked.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The only problem is that now I have no door panels in my car, so tomorrow I will be going to work without them. This has to be the most ghetto my car has ever looked.

No, the worst you could have was like a Cavalier that I saw when I was in Albany last week. It had no OUTER skins on the doors, they had all been cut off, and the guy was driving around like that. LMAO for quite a while.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Torontofirecaptain said:
No, the worst you could have was like a Cavalier that I saw when I was in Albany last week. It had no OUTER skins on the doors, they had all been cut off, and the guy was driving around like that. LMAO for quite a while.
Well I'm not that big of an assclown.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this is taking much longer than it should, but thats because I'm taking my time to do it right. I'm completely insulating the door panels, and it takes about 24 hours to fully cure, so I'm waiting for that to cut the M panels, its marked and ready. I should be able to do that tonight, so hopefully I'll have them done tomorrow night.

In the meantime, I put the intrepid panels back on. They're missing that one part, but its better than an empty door and you can at least use the door handle and window switch for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts