DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, looking through the 2-3 recent threads I can't see that this question has been answered.

Are there 300M-specific links for the 300M rear sway bar, and if so would they fit a 'trep.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Thats a good point. I'm replacing mine right now and although the bar is much heavier, if the links are the same, it seems like you won't be getting the full benefit of the thicker bar because the links are no stronger than before. To be honest, I didn't check things out enough back there to know if what I just said makes any sense at all. lol

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The links are all the same(Same Part #'s for all bodies)!, ;) (mopar# 4581 264)(you need 2), the Isolator rubbers are (mopar # 4695 913)(you need 2), the new Hex-Nuts that tie down the links to the rear bar are (mopar # 6502 724 )(You need 2 for both sides!), hope this helps guys, ;)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if those TRW links are any beefier than the Mopar links?

I wonder if you could weld some stiffeners onto the links??

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Does anyone know if those TRW links are any beefier than the Mopar links?

I wonder if you could weld some stiffeners onto the links??[/QUOTE]
I don't think you'll improve anything by getting thicker links except their breaking point. And links wont break that easily unless they're rusted out or you hit a ditch. Normal or even hard driving conditions wouldn't break the link.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, how about the Moog or TRW bushings then? Would I need a different set of brackets to hold them? I'm staying away from the Energy Suspension bushings because even they are confused about graphite and lube on the parts.

Staying all-Mopar is an option too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.